How To Log On To eBay Japan???

sqidd

How do I get into eBay Japan and eBay HK? Whats the URL? I can;t seem to get it figured out.

thanks

There is no ebay Japan. There use to be www.ebay.co.jp a long time ago but ebay through in the towel because nobody used it in Japan. Japan is still pretty much a cash society, all other transactions are done through bank transfers that only usually work for domestic accounts. Yahoo Auctions Japan is the online auction leader here, and a few mobile phone auction sites.

Actually to use yahoo japan's auction site you can go too shoppingmalljapan.com, create an account thru them, send them money thru paypal and they'll give you X amount of credit so you can buy using their account, they buy it, bill you and got until X amount of days to pay them back, they'll hold it for like 90 days depending if it stays in Japan or gets shipped to one of their locations in the US. Then you place an order for shipping, they ship it, give you the invoice and you pay 'em back.

I've used them a number of occasions, they're pretty good.

I have used both www.okshon.com and www.rinkya.com as my proxies for bidding on Yahoo Japan. They are both well-established and come with real time bidding system so that you don't miss out on auction items for failing to bid on time. The commissions are not cheap since they charge you for $10~15 for shipping & handling (which includes a fee for making the payment to seller using the Japanese bank transfers) and a percentage of the bid-won price as commission. Rinkya often has sales for cels, dougas and dojinshis so I have been using them more often. Okshon is better if you're bidding on toys or models. Rinkya requires your credit card information so that they are protected if you fail to pay them on time. Okshon takes a deposit via PayPal which counts towards setting your maximum bid limit. Okshon will refund the deposit to you upon request but it took them over a month to refund my deposit (which worked as a negative for me) although their services leading up to that point was superb. Both of these sites charge you again for shipping to your destination in the US (or in my case, Hong Kong).

I am not aware of proxy services for eBay Hong Kong but many sellers on eBay HK will ship to the US. If not, you can contact the seller and make specific requests.

All those bidding sites are really expensive, even the cheapest shoppingmalljapan costs far too much for regular use.

I recommend finding a online friend based in Japan that will bid and ship for you, much cheaper this way.

Shame Ebay Japan never took off and Yahoo Japan Auctions is pretty much limited only to Japanese residents.

with all that said....... anyone here willing to bid for me/us???..i need a couple things and only seem to come up on yahoo japan...

Ebay is kinda dried up unless you are looking for common things..

Have you guys tried talking to Rob at Samurai-monkey.com? He lives in Japan and offers members of his site aid in finding and purchasing goods. Click the link on my 'sig to check out his site and services-maybe he can help...