Any hope of 1/55 releases for the 30th anni

jwinges

I liked your story and share your opinion.

pretty much how i myself feel.

i started out with a pair of TF "JETFIRE" repaints that i got around 2000/2001, one of which, i custom painted into a Focker 1S,

and the other i kept as a JETFIRE. both were aquired bare by me, no FASTs, no Gunpods, no nothing,

and i never got around to even begin to start hunting down even Gunpods for them

before the great Yammie roller coaster began, and my interest in 1/55s began to wane.

i ended up giving them both to my mother's BF, whom, while not any particuar MACROSS fan,

seems to like and appricate the chunkies in his own way.

today, it's pretty much YAMATO only for me now, outside of a complete 1985 BANDAI HCM no.20 1/72 VF-1J hik T.V.

that i paid something of a premium for, because, as a child that grew up with a ROBOTECH CHANGERS re-package of the IMAI 1/72 Focker 1S model kit,

the HCM feels far more nostalgic to me than any other vintage MACROSS toy,

and also feels, to me, at least, like an ideal revision/redesign of the 1/55 chunky,

that BANDAI, i feel, would have done most well to have worked into an actual "1/55ver.II"

still far from perfect, but nonetheless far and away superior and more accurate than TAKATOKU's original mold ever was.

if the big "B" couldn't have worked this into their 1984 1/55 re-releases, then they could have given MACROSS fans

one HELL of a surprise with the release of the 1/55 "SUPER VALKYRIE" back in 1990...

Edited by Shaorin

If you're in Tokyo, go to Kichijoji Yodobashi, they have the "Origin of Valkyrie" sets there, and they're only 4 years old or so, not thirty. In fact, they are by no means rare. You don't need any more reissues, they have been reissued enough times to saturate the market.

I already bought all reissues including origin of valk (some of them double as they were cheap). I was talking about the yet unre-released toys (VT, VE, strike, GBP)

• 2 months later...

These were wayyyyyyyy before my time as a Macross collector. By the time I got into Macross (about the time I joined this site) there were much nicer options. But I'd be very tempted to snag a re-issue of one of these simply for the history of the mold.

I feel like my Macross collection needs at least one to be legit.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken