Which VF is the biggest?

newca

while I open the Hasegawa SV-51's box, I simply thought this must be the biggest single seated fighter ever made in history! is that right? what about the "future"? any bigger VFs?

and, any one could help me for Model Graphix April 2001?

here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=9571

Edited by newca

i'm pretty sure the wings to fold up in the sub (not really sure though) but how they're able to land the things in the sub...that i'll never know...maybe the sub is used as a runway and they just land on it...i know the sub they're on use to house nukes...and the sv-51's are basically just taking the place of the nukes....maybe that's why the sub is so big :blink:

Yep, the SV-51's wings fold for stowage in the Auerstadt Submarine Aircraft Carrier. According to the Macross Compendium The SV-51 is stored and launched vertically from the submarine in pressure-resistant capsules from underwater.

The Compendium also mentions that the Auerstadt only rises to the surface to recover the SV-51s. Although the length of the Auerstatd is not listed, I would presume it is probably not long enough to feature a runway on the deck.

I would guess that the SV-51s land back on the sub in Gerwalk or Battroid mode. However, landing in fighter mode could also be a possibility as the SV-51 is the only VF that is capable of VTOL in fighter mode according to the Compendium due to it's lift fans.

Graham

Perhaps the SV-51s are buoyant like the VF-0 and VF-1, but not completely submersible like the VF-0 and VF-1. So the pilot sets the fighter down in the water, and maybe some sort of extender arm latches on, lifts them out of the water, then the pilot puts it back into fighter mode(engines off) and folds the wings up and then it's placed at a veritcal angle stored inside.