Casshern NOW Captured ^_^

Hikuro

I managed to download the movie lastnight 835 megs wow :o

I haven't been able to watch it all, just snips here and there since I wont have till tonight when I get home to actually sit down and take a gander...but I did get to see Casshern kick some serious ass and it was good.

However, I don't feel like what I got was the full movie, granted it's 2 hours and 15 minutes, but it cuts off after that and just didn't feel complete...so I'm wondering if that was it or not or if there was a bit more.

But from other downloads I'm seeing it's actually 2 hours and 23 minutes.....so I really don't know what to believe.

Oh well? I'm still searching for a better version....but I dont think that's coming anytime soon is it?

You know what? THAT WAS DIFFENETLY NOT what I was expecting. It was just so damn shocking on whose the bad guy and whose really the good guy, infact no one is the bad guy and no one is the good guy this was just down right to the core of the question, "What is human?".

First off, the only "Machines" are those in the dark army of course some of them are supped up versions from that of the Anime.

The story is basically from what I could translate was regrowing human parts or cloning a human being for replacement parts for other people, in hopes of finding cures to diseases and such. Of course like all Political ventures, many dissagreed with the idea and some just didn't really care.

Dr. Azuma, the man who discovered the "Super Cel" I guess is what it is called, is not a very nice guy. He fights with his son Tetsuya often and during a family portrait with Luna and her father in the picture, has an arguement about Tetsuya joining the military and Tetsuya believes he's doing the right thing.

Well some time passes by and Tetsuya is killed by a booby trap while picking up a kid. While all that had happened some time passes and he is pronounced dead to his father who is shocked. Meanwhile somehow Tetsuya's ghost talks to his mother who than recieves the word that he is killed in action, and suddenly something happened pieces of body parts begin to assemble as hundreds it seems come back to life.

The army steps in and kills most of the clones but about half a dozen survive and escape however 4 of them live and they plot their revenge against humans after discovering what is I guess a machine factory.

Meanwhile Azuma runs into the casket of his son Tetsuya and dips him into the primortial gue that revived clones and they begin to make Tetsuya "Casshern" and so forth.

Than the war begins, people start to get killed.....and that's all I'm gonna say.

It's diffenetly not the whole movie, it's missing 10 minutes, but it's probably more than just credits, but it was like "WHAT THE HELL?!" in shock.

Overall, I WISH I could get subbies for this movie.....I'd probably enjoy it more if it was.

Has there been any word on an International release?

or if any one knows where to get a boot leg that would be cool to.

Since the movie was released back in late April it hasn't had enough time for some sorta release on DVD or anything. This was just one of those someone going to the theater and recording it cause at times you hear coughing.

An international release seems to be iffy here and there. There are rumors of a US release coming out but there hasn't been any official word....now what'll scare me is if Harmony Gold gets this because they owned the rights of Casshern back than.

• 2 months later...

actually if it is what i think it is there is an international release, "Casshan Robot Hunter" is what it sounds like. if i remember correctly and if any one notices there are a lot of christian undertones in the story. this is the one with the black king that is a robot right? cuz if it is it came out a long time ago in america

actually if it is what i think it is there is an international release, "Casshan Robot Hunter" is what it sounds like. if i remember correctly and if any one notices there are a lot of christian undertones in the story. this is the one with the black king that is a robot right? cuz if it is it came out a long time ago in america

It's based on the same source as the old Casshan anime (Streamline released the OVAs in the US many years ago), but very loosely so. This is a live action movie that just came out in Japan this past Spring.

Ah those cheeky bastards I'm not paying 45 bucks! I still got it in my hard drive but it cuts out at the last few minutes of the movie.

To answer the question more directly, in the 70's there was a TV series called Casshan (which I've seen cels of) which was based around a young man named Tetsuya who must save humanity from his fathers evil twisted Creation the Black King. Than in the mid 90's an 3 Episode OAV series was released summerizing the series also giving new character designs.

SPOILERS

Than in April 2004 Casshern was released in theaters in Japan by a director who actually did fashion shows. So you know this guy had some good ideas in lighting and effects. However this version of Casshern is based on a "What if" Axis had won WWII and not the Ally forces namely US and Russia etc. Thus with humanity nearly whipped out by new diseases and viruses caused by Chemical and Biological weapons in which case Mrs Azuma has gone blinde due to a virus. The movie takes place in 2004 while the Asianforces have won the final war.

While at the end, Dr. Azuma a brilliant genetic scientist proposes the idea of Cell regeneration via Neo Cells (I think that's the term) which will regrow dead cells into new. However his idea is rejected by the board, but one man manages to undercover fund his research. While this occurs, Dr. Azuma's son, Tetsuya is still in the Army and is suddenly killed during a granade attack.

During his Tetsuya's return for his funeral, Dr. Azuma's lab goes heywire and his lifeless body parts, yes body parts, countless numbers begin to regrow and connect to their previous bodies thus creating super humans, Neo Humans.

A small group manage to escape while a large number of them are killed off by the military.

In desperation Dr. Azuma takes his dead son and ressurects him. Dr. Azuma's assistant Dr. Komyogi wasn't it? takes Tetsuya back to his place where he is kept in stasis lock to recover completely (I actually think Tetsuya was missing alot of body parts too...) Suddenly the recovered Neo Humans find an ancient castle where a robot army was once produced which I believe was the last resort of the Euroasia faction.

The Robot army goes on a rampage and they also attack Dr. Komyagi's house where he is killed, however Tetsuya awakens and kills one of the neo humans but is badly weakened.

Luna, his fiance' drags his body thru the streets while the city is about to be attacked. Suddenly, Tetsuya awakens causing the robots to attack knocking Luna out cold. Tetsuya in his new body releases his strength and fights the Neo Human faction only to be defeated.

It sorta gets lost for me after that, Luna seems to catch the same virus which was suppose to render her blinde like Tetsuya's mother...and the man who lost his girlfriend cause of Tetsuya in the previous battle in the mansion goes out for revenge. This is the one and only time we hear Tetsuya call himself Casshern as he has a dramatic sword battle only to get hacked and slashed all over the place.

Anyways to make the long story short, the whole army what's left of the human race begins its final onslaught against the Neo Humans with Casshern on his own to fend off a giant robot with an atomic bomb and fails only to have the bomb explode. We also discover the Neo Humans were once humans who were test subjects and killed by Dr. Azuma who appears to be the real bad guy and even kills Luna. In the end, Tetsuya and Luna both die along with humanity I believe.

If ya gotta go do it on your feet. . .

Thanks guys I was wondering if it was worth seing or not. . .

And now I still want to see it. . . ;)

Sounds cool. . .

Hell I've got both the microman figures. . .

Just gotta Check around the boards, this place talks about nearly everything, infact I think Casshern is one of those live actions once anime that actually came out rather well. Alot of people will always pan anime or comics going live action and they'll always have their reserves, but this is one where you don't really hear "God damn this movie sucked! They just hacked it with not keeping it original!"

But I was pleased with the movie, sorta glad Casshern wasn't really so super human after all, infact, he was sorta just a normal guy trying to repent if I think so myself.

Infact in one scene you see Tetsuya when he's in the army shoot someone in the head......if you watch the movie you'll be very surprised on just who exactly it was he shot.

Pretty much all these characters in the movie have some sort of a tie in with eachother or with Tetsuya not just because they're Neo Humans, but something more.

Though I actually don't understand how these guys came back to life really since I thought the Neo Cells weren't complete....but I was trying to understand it raw and it was really hard to pick out certain things in the movie.