MACROSS for Arcadia ROM

GodMedia

Have played the game, and it pretty well sucks.

While there is an interesting title animation that shows a Valkyrie running in Battroid, jumping a ledge in Gerwalk, and then going into Fighter mode (not very exciting, don't let the description fool you), in the game itself you only play in Fighter mode.

The game consists of you in Fighter mode at the bottom of the screen. The gameplay is basically like Centipede, you move around the bottom of the screen - left and right and up and down in the lower third of the playfield. At the top of the screen is something that must be some kind of Zentran mothership that does not react when fired at, it appears to release a bunch of what I can only guess are supposed to be battlepods but they are shaped very weirdly. You shoot up all the "battlepods" and then the "mothership" does something that makes it look like PacMan for a moment and after that more of the "battlepods" show up and you start the fight all over again.

I played for about 10 or 15 minutes and never saw any difference in the gameplay, and the graphics were all pretty bad.

Even by 1980s (read VCS-era and type) standards this is pretty bad, it looks bad. The gameplay is not very smooth and the firing is very inaccurate.

A definite must only for the completist in my opinion, it's not a very cool game.

Hmmm. Macross. I've downloaded the other Arcade Games. The NES, SNES, MZX, PC98, GBC etc. Have the PS games, Dreamcast. Have VO. Downloaded VOXP. Have the PS2 game.

Am I a completist? No, I don't have the Typing Games nor the handhelds. So I guess I'll pass on this one. The MSX game may be better than this Arcadia game but the former's sick to begin with. :)

Have played the game, and it pretty well sucks.

While there is an interesting title animation that shows a Valkyrie running in Battroid, jumping a ledge in Gerwalk, and then going into Fighter mode (not very exciting, don't let the description fool you), in the game itself you only play in Fighter mode.

The game consists of you in Fighter mode at the bottom of the screen. The gameplay is basically like Centipede, you move around the bottom of the screen - left and right and up and down in the lower third of the playfield. At the top of the screen is something that must be some kind of Zentran mothership that does not react when fired at, it appears to release a bunch of what I can only guess are supposed to be battlepods but they are shaped very weirdly. You shoot up all the "battlepods" and then the "mothership" does something that makes it look like PacMan for a moment and after that more of the "battlepods" show up and you start the fight all over again.

I played for about 10 or 15 minutes and never saw any difference in the gameplay, and the graphics were all pretty bad.

Even by 1980s (read VCS-era and type) standards this is pretty bad, it looks bad. The gameplay is not very smooth and the firing is very inaccurate.

A definite must only for the completist in my opinion, it's not a very cool game.

HEY HEY HEY!

When the battleship at the top turns blue and flashes(tcan't tell what causes this, turns out it's NOT shooting the battleship), RAM IT!(actually, fly into the opening, just ramming it kills you)

After replaying the title screen animation(sans Macross logo) you go inside, where you get to use battroid mode to fight Glaugs.

Shoot the pink doors(battroids have 4-way firing) to advance inside. The second interior screen has a core that oyu have to shoot to start it exploding.

Once that's started, a timer starts counting down. Run back out, and watch it blow up.

Lather, rinse, repeat on a higher difficulty.

Far fancier game than I expected. :)

But yes, it does suck.

Edited by JB0