Macross Perfect Memory

luckylo

I got a Macross Perfect Memory book in excellent condition, that came in the shrink wrappping for $15 bucks on eBay. It was the one with the "10" on the front cover, but it did not include the large Macross poster that it said in the Books section of Macrossworld. I was just wondering if anyone else got burnt like I did buying some pirated copy.

well, one would expect to get the bootleg version especially at 15 bucks nowadays. These have been out for more than a year now. If you wanted to buy the original with the poster, that would have cost you about 50+ dollars. I bought the original one for about 90 bucks and you can tell if it's original or not. The bootleg's bookcover part is made of cheaper paper and it's flimsy, while the original's bookcover is thicker and more durable. I bought the bootleg a while back and was impressed with the quality of it. I use that book now to look at and I put my original away. Now, if they would only do a bootleg of the gold book........ :p:D:lol:

For the record, there was a 2nd edition that did not come with the poster. I aquired one off ebay a while back but later sold it. it sold for $180 but the high bidder flaked out so I ended up selling it to someone else for $150. What you got sounds like the bootleg but for $15, I wouldn't say you got ripped off.

www.animebooks.com had the perfect memory for $40 dollars awhile back [a reprint edition of course] this is where I got mine, haven't checked their site lately though.

I just checked they still have it for $25.00 now :angry:

http://www.animebooks.com/macpermem.html

Edited by briscojr84

www.animebooks.com had the perfect memory for $40 dollars awhile back [a reprint edition of course] this is where I got mine, haven't checked their site lately though.

I just checked they still have it for $25.00 now  :angry:

http://www.animebooks.com/macpermem.html

I think this one is the bootleg too.

(mostly different in coloring of Roy, the bootleg is sorta purple)

still, for $25 it is must buy :)

still animebooks is a GREAT place to get artbooks on a lot of shows (even as some are bootleg, and are not listed as such, but the price tells :p )

Edited by MAXXxxx