VF-1MS Metal Siren Reactive Weapon?

I have just finished watching Macross 2 (its been awhile and I find the series entertaining, in case anyone is wondering) and noticed that the weapon system used by Major Nexx inside the Marduk battleship/warship is not a missile barrage/volley (a la Palladium Books Macross 2 RPG).

Is it a Reactive Weapon? (the "This is Animation Macross 2" book lists the Metal Siren as having Reactive weaponry but, I though it was the usual four to six reactive missiles like the VF-1.)

Is it a gravity weapon? (I believe this theory was discussed on a Relic forum thread)

Is it a barrier shield overload weapon, like that of the original SDF-1?

Does anyone know?

I have just finished watching Macross 2 (its been awhile and I find the series entertaining, in case anyone is wondering) and noticed that the weapon system used by Major Nexx inside the Marduk battleship/warship is not a missile barrage/volley (a la Palladium Books Macross 2 RPG).

Is it a Reactive Weapon? (the "This is Animation Macross 2" book lists the Metal Siren as having Reactive weaponry but, I though it was the usual four to six reactive missiles like the VF-1.)

Is it a gravity weapon? (I believe this theory was discussed on a Relic forum thread)

Does anyone know?

"Plasma Spear"

(Bandai Entertainment Bible #51 Page 103)

Is it a Reactive Weapon?  (the "This is Animation Macross 2" book lists the Metal Siren as having Reactive weaponry but, I though it was the usual four to six reactive missiles like the VF-1.)

Does anyone know?

"Plasma Spear"

That plasma spear blew up a flagship????

Is it a Reactive Weapon?  (the "This is Animation Macross 2" book lists the Metal Siren as having Reactive weaponry but, I though it was the usual four to six reactive missiles like the VF-1.)

Does anyone know?

"Plasma Spear"

That plasma spear blew up a flagship????

Yes, in whole or in part. I believe just the spear was used though....

Yes, in whole or in part. I believe just the spear was used though....

You mean the plasma wasn't even on?

Was that Munchkin, or did it hit a coolant line?

Either way, that is incredible!

The Plasma Spear was used. I don't believe any other weapons were used at the same time.

My thanks to all of you.

Apparently the plasma spear is a VERY powerful weapon. I realize that the Marduk ship is more vulnerable when attacked from the inside but, the plasma spear must unleash an enormous amount of energy. Or does it use "Super Dimensional" energy to devastate its targets. I realize that information on Macross 2 mecha and vehicles is rare and difficult to acquire however, if anyone here has actual data on the Metal Siren I for one would love to see it.

My current obsession with Macross 2 vehicle and spacecraft data is because I am thinking about creating a new Macross online RPG website. I want the site to be more accurate than Steel Falcon and I would like it to include all of macross (including model kits, non-cannon mecha, and the alternate Macross 2 universe).

As it would be an RPG online resourse it would not be "competing" with either Nanashi's Information Group or the Macross Compendium. In fact I would most likely consult both of those sites often to ensure my information is "Overtechnologically Correct" ( :D ).

I'll have to rewatch Macross II, as it's at least a couple of years since the last time I saw it.

IIRC, it looked like the Metal Siren (ugliest valk ever IMO) used some sort of expanding spherical engergy discharge (which may or may not have originated from the arm-mounted blade weapon) to destroy the Marduk ship.

As for the Palladium Macross II RPG, that thing is a joke IMO. The author(s) got so much wrong about the mecha that I'm wondering did they even watch the anime.

Graham

Well....as for using the plasma spear inside a ship.....

its kind of a no-brainer that the ship popped like an overfilled balloon. You would get a similar effect if you detonated a small nuke inside. The very atmosphere of the ship would magnify the resulting fireball. Plus, we don't know WHERE exactly Nexx set this off. If it was near where the ship's stored reaction mass or near a central magazine....

As for the Palladium Macross II RPG, that thing is a joke IMO. The author(s) got so much wrong about the mecha that I'm wondering did they even watch the anime.

Could not agree with you more Graham. It is a pity that the gentlemen at Palladium books (and DreamPod 9 who did the deck plans supplements for Macross 2) did not put more effort into the Robotech and Macross 2 RPGs. I am a huge fan of mecha based RPGs (from the old Battletech all the up to Heavy Gear) and in my humble opinion the Palladium Robotech and Macross 2 RPGs were just plane lame. I especially hate the MDC system (unless used to number crunch SDC values for powerful or large vehicles/spacecraft). I use it because many other gamers do, but I do not like it.

Well....as for using the plasma spear inside a ship.....

its kind of a no-brainer that the ship popped like an overfilled balloon. You would get a similar effect if you detonated a small nuke inside. The very atmosphere of the ship would magnify the resulting fireball. Plus, we don't know WHERE exactly Nexx set this off. If it was near where the ship's stored reaction mass or near a central magazine

Hmmmmm.........that is a good point 1st Border Red Devil. It also makes perfect sense. The plasma spear would still need to inflict a large amount of damage but, if used near say....the main heat pile reactor, it would not need to do an enormous amount of damage. (most likely 1D4x1000 MDC/1D4x100,000 SDC in Palladium terms).

I wonder what Egan Loo thinks about the Metal Siren. Just curious.

The Metal Siren has the only plausable cockpit mode change I've seen yet. It reclines in battroid mode and the arm and leg rests move with the pilot. And it has the interior space to do it.

When you saw Isamu try to punch Guld, his seat was angled 90 degrees down and he controlled the arm with a joystick.