GBP Armor

Impreszive

It will fit any 1/60 VF-1 EXCEPT the 2-seaters (D, VE, and VT).

The armor is basically "clamshell" style... two halfs clip on and surround the pieces they cover such as arms, legs, hips, groin, etc. The chest is held on by a special replacement heat shield and tiny clips that attach to the chest... ergo the reason why it cannot fit the two seater valks as the valk must be able to accept the standard size heat shield. The backpack is actually quite a smart design, the booster nasalles are attached to a U shaped mount. You slide the U mount under the backpack, positioning it between the backpack and the back of the valk. The boosters then snap onto the mount and hold themselves to the mount, sandwitching the backpack.

Any 1/60 valk that can accept a standard size heat shield, FP or non FP vareity, can wear the armor. A few days back I actually tried to shoe horn the armor onto my 1D... all the parts but the chest fit perfectly... mostly due to the different design of the 1D's chest area and it's inability to take the standard heat shield. The same will go for the Super O and Elintseeker.

Can the Armor fit on any of the 1/60's or just the ones with the hardpoint holes in them? (a la Super, Strike, and VF-1 D)

Thanks for the help guys and gals!

Matt

Even if GBP can fit on VT, VE and VF-1d, you might not want to have it display that way. It really looks ugly. Maybe, VF-1D might not be too bad.

I am glad that they did not make the armors to fit on those, since I do not want to see photos of VT and VE wearing armors... :lol::lol::lol:

The GPB seems to fit on my VF-1D just fine. I do have to add that it looks pretty damn sweet too. Even though the heatshield doesn't fit correctly, the chest armor is still held on well enough for display purposes. The Elint and ostrich are a little different though. On those valks the nose cone is bulkier. There for, the nose armor will not fit unless being permanetly attached. But, I'd have to agree with what was said earlier, Those valk would be pretty fugly with the GPB armor.

post-4-1088833716_thumb.jpg

Edited by scand

The GPB seems to fit on my VF-1D just fine. I do have to add that it looks pretty damn sweet too. Even though the heatshield doesn't fit correctly, the chest armor is still held on well enough for display purposes. The Elint and ostrich are a little different though. On those valks the nose cone is bulkier. There for, the nose armor will not fit unless being permanetly attached. But, I'd have to agree with what was said earlier, Those valk would be pretty fugly with the GPB armor.

Nice!

I have it on my pre-FP Roy VF-1S and is great except for the codpiece.

The same codpiece fits far better (or rather pops off far less) on my Hikaru Super VF-1J than it does on the pre-FP Roy or Max... :huh:

But for display on my shelf it's fine.