Nousjadeul-Ger Optional Weapons

I don't think anyone has ever pointed these or at least they are not present on any other website. So I will be the first.

The boarding party seen in the Macross movie shows a Nousjadeul-Ger armed with a beam gun/rife option:

http://nanashi.macrossmecha.info/resrc/cat...tional_gun.html

Note that this is not the foot soldier standard rife nor is it the movable top-mounted large-bore medium range liquid-cooled plasma cannon that the Nousjadeul-Ger uses. It is a manipulator-held gun/rife.

also there shoulder-mounted missile pod option:

http://nanashi.macrossmecha.info/resrc/cat...issile_pod.html

Interesting. And since they aren't animation errors, this is the real thing :)

Too bad DYRL is a 'movie' inside Macross, otherwise we could take these weapons seriously in the Macross continuity, and not just say they're 'props'.

Well it looks as if the missile launcher is a one-shot deal, while the rifle might be a hand-held version of the shoulder rifle. Any screen shots seeing these things in action?

On the other hand the compendium makes notice of a 'short-range electron beam gun'.

Too bad DYRL is a 'movie' inside Macross, otherwise we could take these weapons seriously in the Macross continuity, and not just say they're 'props'.

That idea has come under question several times. I'm not convinced that our 'DYRL?' is the same movie mentioned in Macross 7.

Combine that with the Kawamori statements that the true story of Space War One is somewhere between the tv series and DYRL? and that the idea that "the tv series story and the movie designs are what is canon" is only a very broad, general statement in that we see significant events changed from their strictly tv series version in the flashbacks seen in M7 itself, which lead me to the conclusion that parts of the DYRL? story also worked into the "true" Space War One story.

Even if only the designs were canon, then it's quite possible these specific designs also can be considered canon in the Macross universe.

Are those guns interchangeble with VFs or do they use Gundam style hand plugs?

..... err....

They are Zjentohlauedy issue weapons. Apparently, not standard. I believe since it was a boarding party-they were given a heavier armament.

Interesting. And since they aren't animation errors, this is the real thing :)

Well it looks as if the missile launcher is a one-shot deal, while the rifle might be a hand-held version of the shoulder rifle. Any screen shots seeing these things in action?

On the other hand the compendium makes notice of a 'short-range electron beam gun'.

Yes, you are correct about the Compendium.

..... err....

They are Zjentohlauedy issue weapons. Apparently, not standard. I believe since it was a boarding party-they were given a heavier armament.

I think what he's getting at is since the Nousjadeul-Ger has human-style hands much like a VF's, a VF could hypothetically pick up the gun and use it.

Unless it has a connection that lets it draw power from the mech instead of being a fully self-contained weapon with it's own internal power supply.

So is this the 'Short-range electron beam gun' that the compedium mentions?

I brought it up for a reason :)

i think the 'Short-range electron beam gun' you're talking about is the gun seen in this picture of the TV n-ger.

post-25-1088358125.jpg

though the DYRL n-ger seen in this pic isn't similarly armed.

post-25-1088358198.jpg

So is this the 'Short-range electron beam gun' that the compedium mentions?

I brought it up for a reason :)

i think the 'Short-range electron beam gun' you're talking about is the gun seen in this picture of the TV n-ger.

post-25-1088358125.jpg

though the DYRL n-ger seen in this pic isn't similarly armed.

post-25-1088358198.jpg

Actually, no I'm not.

That is the minature main laser machine pistol.

Here is the DYRL-style equivalent:

nousjadeul-ger-run.jpg

It's such a trip to think that DYRL is a movie within a movie. I ALWAYS liked DYRL better than the series. It is visually superior, and DYRL is always referred to for character/mecha designs, even by Kawamori/Mikimoto. I always refer back to it as fact. The series is long, drawn out, and boring in spots. Therefore I personally would consider these designs fact.

..... err....

I think what he's getting at is since the Nousjadeul-Ger has human-style hands much like a VF's, a VF could hypothetically pick up the gun and use it.

Unless it has a connection that lets it draw power from the mech instead of being a fully self-contained weapon with it's own internal power supply.

Yeah that's what I mean. If I was a VF-1 pilot and I shot one of those guys in the face and took his gun, would I be able to use it?

• 2 weeks later...

..... err....

The standard specifications for the Nousjadeul-Ger do specifically list a beam assault gun as a hand-mounted weapon.

http://www.anime.net/macross/mecha/zentrad...nousjadeul_ger/

..... err....

The standard specifications for the Nousjadeul-Ger do specifically list a beam assault gun as a hand-mounted weapon.

http://www.anime.net/macross/mecha/zentrad...nousjadeul_ger/

I.e., "short-range electron beam gun"?

Related question: what is the standard color of the Nousjadeul-Ger in the TV series? I coulda sworn it was green (same as the standard TV Q-Rau), but that illustration is purple, and now I'm wondering if I may have seen some purple ones in the TV series.