Decal for VF-1 2500th - Yamato 1/48

Firefox

While I could make decals for the entire valk, it would look MUCH better if the major work was done with masking and airbrushing. In my experience, covering large areas with decals generally does not work very well. I believe DOM made a 1/60 version a few years ago that sold for quite a bit on eBay. It was a real work of art.

I could make all of the detailing decals no problem (if I have good enough scans of the originals), but there's a hefty waiting list for custom projects. Right now it's about six months....

Oh! I don't mean the entire thing. I mean the 2500th Valkyrie at the canopy and the companies logos on the tail fins.

I attached here are those logos. Any chance of making them?

Piece of cake. I already have the company logos scanned in at high res from another decal sheet. The valkyrie logo will take some work, but it shouldn't be too bad. The only hurdle is *when* I'll have the time to do it. I have quite the backlog of projects. My best guesstimate is at least a month or two.

Welcome back Devin!

If I remember correctly, the sponsor and logo decals were available via one of the Macross Decal Option Sets, or perhaps one of the clear valkyrie decal sets.

Perhaps that is what you are referring to when you mentioned the scan you made.

Yes, the one made by DOM using a Yamato 1/60 was absolutely amazing. It did indeed fetch a very good price. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

If I remember correctly, the sponsor and logo decals were available via one of the Macross Decal Option Sets, or perhaps one of the clear valkyrie decal sets.

Perhaps that is what you are referring to when you mentioned the scan you made.

The scan of the sponsors I have is from the Macross Option Decal #2 set, where they appear in dark purple. I know that there are a few other Option sets floating around out there, including the Minmay Guard one, and one of them might have the 2500th valkyrie logo. If so, you might be able to track one down, Firefox. I'd suggest posting something in the Wanted forum, but let me know if you don't find what you need.

Hi Anasazi37

I found only 1/72 scale. Besides, they don't have the 2500th Valkyrie logo, just ther sponsors' logos. I would need the 2500th Valkyrie logo, the sponosrs' logos and the U.N.SPACY words, the rest I could take care. If you could make a 1/48 one, it would be a very big help. Thanks!

Hi Anasazi37

I found only 1/72 scale. Besides, they don't have the 2500th Valkyrie logo, just ther sponsors' logos. I would need the 2500th Valkyrie logo, the sponosrs' logos and the U.N.SPACY words, the rest I could take care. If you could make a 1/48 one, it would be a very big help. Thanks!

Oh, you want it in 1/48. I didn't realize that. Sure, I can help you. I'll add your project to the queue and PM you when I get closer to being able to start it.