1/72 Macross VT-1

VF-5000B

I beg to differ. I have seen both the YS and the Hase kits up close and they're quite comparable. It's been a while and I cannot remember which was better, but I can remember that for a while just looking at them I could not tell which was which.

It's overpriced (IMHO). Resin kits have been going for ultra cheap here for a while now (at least, compared to what they used to). If it was genuine YS, I wouldn't pay more than $50-$75 for it. TOPS. And yes, this is coming from a "Hardcore Fan" (I build the models too)

Edited by Skull Leader

Value is in the eye of the beholder.

They definitely are very nice kits, I've seen one up close, and the quality is great. Not only that, but they are not that many of them compared to the mass produced Hasegawa version.

Resin is a lot more work to produce, but I do agree that the price is definitely high for this kit. ;)

I agree, Christopher. That's why I put the (IMHO) in there. I've seen both kits up close enough to know they're comparable in detail. The YS may have a slight leg up in it, but not a $100+ difference worth

Except for the diehard model collectors (and more power to them), most people won't justify that price for a non-transformable 1/72 model when they can buy a 1/48 FULLY transformable (not to mention already painted) VF-1 for the same price. But I digress...

If the kit were more rare, I'd justify that kind of price, but as YS model kits go, this one is about as easy to find as any other.

I would also point out that I mean no disregard to VF-5000B, it's always nice to know different places where macross goodies can be found. I just think they're trying to screw someone over (same with the VF-5000 kit they were offering)

Edited by Skull Leader

I'm a proud owner of:

1) 1-72 ClubM/YS VT1

2) 1-72 Orange Collection VT1

3) 1-72 Hasegawa VT1

I'm happy to have all three....and all three are different. To me, the Hasegawa looks the most like a real air/space craft. Im not an astronaut, and it may not be 100% cannon, but Hase's knack for adding tons of rivits, panel lines, and such shows through. The Club M is also extremely nice. It holds more to the lineart without adding lots of extra lines. I heard someone once say it looks a little more like the cartoon...and thats probably accurate. The Orange Collection has lots of extra details added that i thought were neat...like an excellent cockpit detail setup.

I would be happy to take pictures of all three if it would help. (none are built...but they will be someday)

Also...for what its worth...I paid normal price for the Hase....I paid somehting like $50-$75 for the Club M, and I paid a similar price (maybe a bit more ) for the Orange Collection. It's been a while...so i could be off, but I know I didn't pay close to $150. I'm not saying it's not worth that...worth is in the eye of the buyer..Im just sharing what I paid. (I think a ClubMYS VT went unbought on Ebay not long ago at a $99.99 start. ) If I only had $100 I would buy 3 Hase varients over 1 ClubM/OC...but if you are a big VT fan the kits are very cool and each is unique.