Going to start my "How to make Shin's F-14" soon

David Hingtgen

Well I've been going through all my F-14 kits and decals lately, plotting what I'm going to make in the upcoming years. (Hey, with how long even a "simple" kit takes me, it'll be a while). I'm always annoyed when I see 5-day kits that look way better than my 5-week efforts. Anyways, I've come to the conclusion that I have too many Fujimi F-14's and parts.

So I'm wondering---since Fujimi F-14D's will result in the most accurate-to-the-show model of Shin's F-14, does anyone need one? They are AFAIK utterly unavailable in the US (I shop at lots of online stores) , but I've got a few from HLJ etc, and I also (due to my large stash of Fuji F-14 parts from previous kits) have enough parts to "make" an F-14D from an F-14A or A+ kit.

I can offer MISB (only 1), or plenty "open box/bags, but utterly unstarted" ones I can make from A/A+ kits and the extra D sprues I have. I also have one which has like 6 engine-area parts removed from the sprues (nicely, I was test-fitting) which of course would be cheaper.

So, is there any interest from all you people who have the Hase M0 kit decals but want the RIGHT type of F-14, etc? I'm not looking to make profit or anything, just clear out closet space and make enough money to snag an F-14B or something.

Also, I'm wondering how much interest there is in a Hasegawa guide for Shin's. Or maybe just F-14's in general, since VF-1 lovers tend to like F-14's too. A few parts would be more accurate than the Fuji kit for Shin's (weapons/pylons/wheels mainly) but it's generally more available and the "preferred" F-14 kit in the modeling community. I'm going to talk about it anyways, but the more interest, the more detail I'll go into, and expand into general "Hase F-14 tips" more.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Hey David,

I already have a Fujumi F-14D "tomcatters" kit, but I'm interested in the guide idea. I'd love to make an accurate as possible Shin Tomcat! What I really need though is the squadron markings, kill markings, and pilots names. I already have the UN spacey low vis symbol from a custom decal sheet i got off of HLJ. Anyone making custom Shin markings?

Chris

Also, I'm wondering how much interest there is in a Hasegawa guide for Shin's. Or maybe just F-14's in general, since VF-1 lovers tend to like F-14's too. A few parts would be more accurate than the Fuji kit for Shin's (weapons/pylons/wheels mainly) but it's generally more available and the "preferred" F-14 kit in the modeling community. I'm going to talk about it anyways, but the more interest, the more detail I'll go into, and expand into general "Hase F-14 tips" more.

/me raises hand and waves!

I got my Hasegawa 1/48 F-14D kit waiting for the Macross treatment! Thanks for your contribution!