clear jets?

Synch

It's moot, but a model kit is a toy. No use in discussing semantics, but millions of people take their model airplanes/valkyries and fly them around the room, have battles with their Tiger 1 and Sherman, and see if their Tamiya BB-62 really floats by putting it in the bathtub, so lets not be so haughty as to call someone out, because they called them "toys." So the thread is not derailed, please PM me if you want to debate something so trivial as this. This thread should be in the model section of this "toy" forum anyway. ;)

Anyway, I own one of each of these toys, but I only opened one box, and I do not have a digital camera. Each kit is basically made in translucent plastic, which is either blue, pink or green. I only purchased them for the cool decals they come with.

I don't own the clear version, but would really like to.

Edit: By the way, welcome to MW, Synch. Hopefully, you'll be around for a while. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Edited by ChristopherB

Are there any versions of the red & blue jets but of clear plastic? I thought I remembered seeing some someplace...

I think the online store Gundam store or Gundam super store still had those for sale. it is the store that had problem with VF-11B awhile back.

Are there any versions of the red & blue jets but of clear plastic?  I thought I remembered seeing some someplace...

I think the online store Gundam store or Gundam super store still had those for sale. it is the store that had problem with VF-11B awhile back.

Gundamstore and More

I believe this is the link.

i know they have the 1s, not sure about the rest

J.J.

Carl,

Wow, I never knew about the even only version.

Besides the clear version, has Hasegawa released any other "event" only kits or box variants that you or anyone else know of?

Yet another Hasegawa item I'm missing. :(

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

hmmm those look like put togeather modles... are there any transformable ones? Or pvc type ones?

Not that I'm aware of. I do know Tanmen (not the most popular name around here these days) was working on a grade-up kit for these clear kits. It wasn't to make them transformable though. It was to add interior detail. Here is the engine he was working on.

1223_2.jpg

Here is an earlier picture for scale:

0804_4.jpg

Enjoy,

Carl

Besides the clear version, has Hasegawa released any other "event" only kits or box variants that you or anyone else know of?

I believe there have been some decal sets that have only been released at events. Though they may have later been released with kits. Other then that I'm sad to say I'm not too sure. I was keeping up with Hasegawa there for a while but while I was unemployed I really lost track of what they were putting out and I haven't tried to catch up yet. Maybe after I'm settled again. If anyone has a complete list of every Macross Item Hasegawa has released I'd certainly be interested myself.

Carl

how many clear version Valks are released? ain't they supposed to be limited kits? why we still can get it at webshops?  :blink:

Just because some items are limited. It does not mean it will sale out fast or demends are there.

Basically, not too much demends were shown on the clear VF-1@ series. Who know, maybe 5 or 10 years from now, clear version might become rare Macross model kits and fetch $$$. :D:D

Edited by CID