WB announces Krypto toon

Description: Rocketing from Krypton as a test pilot for Jor-El, Krypto lands on Earth. He befriends a youth and begins to battle crime in Metropolis. Krypto has heat-vision and super strength.

The cartoon reminds me of the old Tom & Jerry toons. Check this out:

post-26-1086934578_thumb.jpg

Wait, there is one good thing. Warner Brothers doing animation again. I just wish they'd gone with a stronger idea than this. I think they probably wanted something they could cheese out on the animation with, aiming it at very little kids. Meh, but hopefully we'll see better stuff soon after.

It's like looking into the face of God.. and then having him smack you with a giant pink vibrator!

I would say getting smacked with the Hello Kitty Vibrator.

It's like looking into the face of God.. and then having him smack you with a giant pink vibrator!

I would say getting smacked with the Hello Kitty Vibrator.

:o So THAT's what they mean by the term "Hello Kitty"... Damn engrish...

Oh yeah. So WB decides to get back into animation... and this is what they chose. They sell stress weed in Burbank yo! They give the good stuff to the Charmed Girls and the cast of 7th heaven... :rolleyes:

Kooky... but I have to admit I have a certain love for the silliness of Krypto. It was a much more innocent time back then.

Do ya think Krypto will talk? Any chance of him hanging out with Beppo the SuperMonkey?

Dude, I know this isn't your dream animation from WB... but you gotta admit, having a super powered dog would kick serious ass. ;) If I was about 7 I'd watch this show daily.

Dude, I know this isn't your dream animation from WB... but you gotta admit, having a super powered dog would kick serious ass. ;) If I was about 7 I'd watch this show daily.

For the sake of animators everywhere, I hope there's plenty of 7 year olds who agree.

Dude, I know this isn't your dream animation from WB... but you gotta admit, having a super powered dog would kick serious ass.  ;)  If I was about 7 I'd watch this show daily.

For the sake of animators everywhere, I hope there's plenty of 7 year olds who agree.

For the sake of animators everywhere - I hope that they have really considered other career options if the fate of their existence hangs on the success of a Krypto cartoon.

Soooooo this is going to differ from the Powerpuff Girls, Kids Next Door, Dexter's Lab and all the other cartoons they run on CN how again exactly? If you break most of today's american cartoons down to brass tacks they are not much but vehicles aimed at the kiddie market to sell toys or just be a nice low hum of nonsense that they can wrap their simple minds around.

As one of my college professors said when he yelled at us for making fun of Barney: "That show is not intended for you, you are accusing it of being just what it is... a simple show for young children. No matter how stupid it seems to you it is the best thing since huggies to those toddlers as they have not had the twenty some years of learning and experience you have."

Although to me the show looks stupid as the day is long there is some mouth-breathing 6 year old out there who will eat this up like candy.

Soooooo this is going to differ from the Powerpuff Girls, Kids Next Door, Dexter's Lab and all the other cartoons they run on CN how again exactly? If you break most of today's american cartoons down to brass tacks they are not much but vehicles aimed at the kiddie market to sell toys or just be a nice low hum of nonsense that they can wrap their simple minds around.

As one of my college professors said when he yelled at us for making fun of Barney: "That show is not intended for you, you are accusing it of being just what it is... a simple show for young children. No matter how stupid it seems to you it is the best thing since huggies to those toddlers as they have not had the twenty some years of learning and experience you have."

Although to me the show looks stupid as the day is long there is some mouth-breathing 6 year old out there who will eat this up like candy.

"A simple show for simple children" is closer to the truth, then.

I should note I'm not speaking of Barney specifically, as I've never seen that show and therefore refrain from commenting on it, but I am talking about poorly made "children's" programming in general.

For the sake of animators everywhere - I hope that they have really considered other career options if the fate of their existence hangs on the success of a Krypto cartoon.

I need only point to the state of the animation industry in America to reply to this.

"A simple show for simple children" is closer to the truth, then.

Exactly.

As children's entertainment becomes less and less entertainment and more or less a numbing toy commercial or simplistic one trick pony theme hopefully the children will turn away and look to more entertaining and enlightening shows... on MTV. :lol:

As children's entertainment becomes less and less entertainment and more or less a numbing toy commercial or simplistic one trick pony theme hopefully the children will turn away and look to more entertaining and enlightening shows... on MTV. :lol:

Also known as "The Shiney Things Network"!