World Smallest Transformers/ Car Talk

Wow, I didn't even know they had them at SA! Speaking of which, did you happen to take a look at shift knobs when you were there? I'm triyng to find one of those tinted clear plastic ones that are currently the rage in Japan. (With or without bubbles is fine)

Dude, just checked out your car. Sweet! you did the SR20DET swap! I've got an 6th Gen Accord Coupe.... it's a cruiser, so it's not fast. :rolleyes: Those damn sluggish SOHC V6 motors!!!

Edited by soze

You can buy mine Soze.

LOL, that's ok. I'm happy with my car. Of course if I was wealthy, I'd love to own all those cool import cars.

Man one thing I would love to get is a Nissan Verita!

SUPER AUTOBACS IS THE BEST PLACE EVER!

Seriously, I would LIVE there if I could.

<---- cool SD avatar of my car

Vostok 7

was it you that got your car hit or was it somebody else's WRX? And if it was you, did you fix it already? I know this is a while back, but I never saw an update on that car being fixed or not. :p:D:lol:

was it you that got your car hit or was it somebody else's WRX? And if it was you, did you fix it already? I know this is a while back, but I never saw an update on that car being fixed or not. :p:D:lol:

Yeah that was mine. Got 'er all fixed a long time ago and did some other work ;)

akanekit.jpg

How come every time Nick posts a thread it turns into a car discussion?

Vostok 7

Damn it, I'm pissed! You'd think that, with all the crazy driving and touge that I do, some part of my car would get messed up. Well, it did. Unfortunately, it wasn't the touge that did it! I managed to break my car's lip pulling into a parking space!!!!

Yep, I did mine the other day too, the carbon fiber piece.

:( Fortunately it's a separate piece but it still costs $250

Vostok 7

Nice Vostok 7, real nice. I like how you kept it clean.

anyone know a place to fix a minor bent rim in orange county, CA?

I'm anxious to put my wheels back on. I miss them.

Edited by soze

Vostok, nice looking splitter. I like. And the JDMness of your foglights is a nice touch.

here is a better SD avatar.

cute rotating sd cars

wrc02.gif

open it in image ready (it comes with photoshop) impor/export the images into photoshop and re-color it white. have fun

Commander Mcbride (what is you real name I keep forgetting) here is a S14 white :D

s14b.gif

whoops sorry that is the newer aero version here is yours but its red.

s14a.gif

oh and in terms of shift knobs they jsut have a strange assortment. Liek Razo ( which I think are liek crap bootlegs) but what clear plastic one are you talking about? the ones taht light up? I dunno.

Edited by Solscud007

Actually, Razo knobs, despite how common they are, are actually really nice. They're not on the level of a Nismo, but they're certainly worth the 40 bucks.

However, what I'm really looking for is one of those cylindrical pink bubble knobs. If you've seen recent photos of JDM drift cars, you'll know why.

Poser ;)

:lol:

Vostok 7

I recently bought a set of 99 JDM RX-7 wheels, and one of them was just slightly bent. I brought it to Rimpro in Gardena, and they fixed it for $85. Took a few days, but they do great work.

OK, it's not OC, but most of the more well-known/reputable wheel repair shops aren't in the area.

There's another one in North Hollywood called Tru-Wheel:

http://www.truwheel.com

BTW, I like what you've done with your car Vostok!

That's a nice looking front spoiler - much better than all the over-the-top STi Ver* & Greddy crap that everyone's riceing out their Subarus with nowadays. Man, I remember back in the day (before WRX's), when putting any sort of body kit onto an Impreza was instant grounds for being called a ricer. But I digress...

Felix

Actually, Razo knobs, despite how common they are, are actually really nice. They're not on the level of a Nismo, but they're certainly worth the 40 bucks.

However, what I'm really looking for is one of those cylindrical pink bubble knobs. If you've seen recent photos of JDM drift cars, you'll know why.

Poser ;)

:lol:

Vostok 7

Lol. I think the term you want is ricer! :lol:

Anyway, I don't want it so I can "be JDM", it's more of a joke anyway. Still, I think it's cool in that it's so unlike anything the average american driver would do.

Lol. I think the term you want is ricer! :lol:

Anyway, I don't want it so I can "be JDM", it's more of a joke anyway. Still, I think it's cool in that it's so unlike anything the average american driver would do.

Naw, ricer is if you put some gaudy unpainted white bodykit on your car and a giant multi-tiered aluminum wing. ;)

Vostok 7

Lol. I think the term you want is ricer!  :lol:

Naw, ricer is if you put some gaudy unpainted white bodykit on your car and a giant multi-tiered aluminum wing. ;)

Vostok 7

You forgot the stickers!!! Those Fast and furious stickers that add that extra 20 HP!!!

I recently bought a set of 99 JDM RX-7 wheels, and one of them was just slightly bent. I brought it to Rimpro in Gardena, and they fixed it for $85. Took a few days, but they do great work.

OK, it's not OC, but most of the more well-known/reputable wheel repair shops aren't in the area.

That's a nice looking front spoiler - much better than all the over-the-top STi Ver* & Greddy crap that everyone's riceing out their Subarus with nowadays. Man, I remember back in the day (before WRX's), when putting any sort of body kit onto an Impreza was instant grounds for being called a ricer. But I digress...

Felix

hey felix, you have a FD? pics? I wanna see these 99 jdm rims man. Are they the BBS rims?

Felix

Thanks dude! Carson is close enough I guess. I'll give them a call.

I guess the WRX is only pleasing to the eye for a few of us. ;)

I like the Honda Element as well, so go figure. :p

I lurve my Honda Element. Didn't like 'em when I first saw them. Test drove it and fell completely for it. It's far cooler inside than outside. Ultra practical and chock full of groovy little features.

I got hit and run in my S14 a couple months ago. Some ass in a brand new silver civic decided to change lanes into me. He blasted off, with me behing a few seconds, because it took me a couple srconds to get over the disbelief, and went up an overpass, went around a solw-ass camry just as it went to one lane, and lost me.

Anyway, it looks like we have a lot of car guys on MW. Maybe we should have an MW car meet! (Maybe alongside MWcon?) By the way, there's a big car meet (mostly drifting related) going down at Bolsa Chica beach on the 26th, if anyone's interested.

(Sigh) I wish I would've taken pictures of my old 92 civic hatchback when it was tricked out. Got stolen on CSUN campus. :( Oh well, got me a new 2000 civic si instead. And this time, i'm just going to leave it dead stock. well, for the engine at least. If I do anything, I'll probably get rims, spoiler, and a system of course! :p:D:lol:

Edited by BoBe-Patt

hey felix, you have a FD? pics? I wanna see these 99 jdm rims man. Are they the BBS rims?

Here ya go.

Nothing special - it's pretty much stock - But it's a '95!

rx7_small.jpg

These are the stock rims. I haven't had a chance to upload pics of the new ones - unfortunately, they aren't the BBS's from the Spirit R. Those would have cost me an arm, a leg, and my left testicle.

wheels.jpg

BTW, the RX-7 is probably going to go up for sale soon since I no longer have the time to be constantly tinkering with it to get it to run smoothly. Insanely fast, but if you don't maintain her, she'll make you pay! $18K for a clean, fast, lo-mileage, very rare looker. Anyone?

I wish Mazda would hurry up and get the next-gen RX7 out...

My "riced" out WRX :p ('cause all my mods were to make it look like the JDM version - no engine mods whatsoever!)

DSC00012smaller.jpg

OK, enough showing off...

Felix

Edited by flyboy