1/8 Gundam Seed Lacus Statue

I could only afford 1 statue between the Lacus Statue from Hobby Fan, or the 1/12 Mahoro Sports Bike PVC that comes out in July, so I decided to get the Lacus statue instead. If Mahoro is still available later in the summer I'll consider it, but at the price for her I opted for Lacus now. I have to say I'm happy with my choice.

Another very good statue. The pre-painted statues at Hobby Fan are awesome. They do good work. Their packaging is great as well, actually excessive. The box with the parts wrapped in a box with an outer box around that.

Anyway. here are the pieces. The sculpt for this statue is pretty much dead on I think.

Great piece. Expensive, but you get what you pay for. Also, for a completed statue the price is still lower than a lot of other places.

post-26-1086462086_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

The base. This was the only minor problem that I had, as the holes were just a hair too close together, so I had to widen one hole with a knife first.

post-26-1086462218_thumb.jpg

The support pegs.

post-26-1086462247_thumb.jpg

Completed. The paint job is flawless. It's shiny, and wonderfully detailed.

post-26-1086462304_thumb.jpg

Without the flash.

post-26-1086462336_thumb.jpg

Haros

post-26-1086462367_thumb.jpg

rear

post-26-1086462396_thumb.jpg

Cool, now you just have to find a way to suspend the HARO's in mid air around her like they always were in the series.

Tamiya has a set of flexible clear pla-rods that might just be ideal for this purpose.. of course, still going to be obvious..

The other way is by magnetic repulsion, but that's very tricky to set up.

Yeah, magic suspension in the air would be awesome. I saw one kit in the past that used rods to suspend some Haros in the air, but it didn't look right. At least gathering at her feet they look pretty good still, and more natural.

post-26-1086546851.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Is there one of Capt. Ramius or Natarle?

Hobby fan did have unpainted ones of those two. They also had unpained and painted Cagalli and Fllay statues as well.

For Cagalli and Fllay the Megahouse 1/8 figures are pretty good as well. Didn't like the Megahouse Lacus though. Sculpt didn't look right to me.

A cheap Murrrue would be cool.

They have this unpainted Murrue available

post-26-1086577105.jpg

Edited by Anubis

They also have this unpainted Natarle available. I never did like Natarle. She was more annoying generally than Fllay's worst.

post-26-1086577473.jpg