Eva statues Rei and Asuka

I recently acquired a couple of statues of Rei and Asuka. It looks like it has the trademarks and all that, and one of them even has a '97 WF winter on the base. Just curious to know if these were ever recasted or if the ones I've got are originals. I'm thinking of repainting them or having somebody repaint them for me.

post-26-1085952065_thumb.jpg

I have both of the HK recasts which I picked up about two years ago (in the Philippines). Little did I know that I could find these little suckers on E-Bay for about half the price. A couple of months ago my Rei took a little tumble off the shelf.....thank god she only lost her head ( :lol: ). Decent sculpt but the paint work could be a little better.

I saw these at the remaining Anime shop here. Good sculpt, decent/iffy paint job, big stautes, but pricey to go with the size.

They do look kind of bootleggish to me, or just cheaply mass produced.

Edited by Anubis

well, I'm thinking now these are bootlegs and will attempt to repaint them sometime. What were the original asking price of these?

dont know about the real kits but those mass produced ones went from $15-40 on ebay i tihnk the store by me wanted $80 for it but import stores always jack up the prices