My 1/48 VF-1S Roy Problems

Godzilla

Howdy, Yes I am newbie on this board. :o Don't get too excited. Well, I bought the Roy's VF-1S from Yamato and I got some problems with it. After much research, I know that the skull on the right tail is crooked and the canopy refuses to stay up. Anybody have the problem with the front landing gear white piece that suppose to go to the catapult? Mine is completely loose and I can pull it off and back on. Now my low vis is just absolutely perfect but trying to find another one is absolutely impossible to find esp on ebay. Anything I can do to fix the darn thing? :angry:

-G

If I remember correctly, the catapult latch on the 1S is made of somewhat pliable plastic in comparison to the Low Viz's one. Remove it from the landing gear and apply a little pressure to the two connection points and hopefully it will be a little tighter. Be careful. I don't want you snapping the thing in two and blaming me for anything :p If it doesn't budge, then don't force it.

Are you sure you've never been here before? I remember one of the members from the old MW Forums was named Godzilla (Duke Togo). Anyways, welcome to the new MW Forums......congratulations on picking up your first VF-1S. You might wanna take a look at my PINNED thread near the top of the page.

Pinned: What's wrong with my Yamato, Bandai, etc. (Pages 1 2 3 ...4 )

Common Repair Questions.

:ph34r:

Mine falls off too on my 1S. My 1A's is tight. Never really occured to me to get upset about it.

Anyways, I'd try the "gentle-squeeze" trick. . . see if you can make it stay a little better.

Otherwise, I'd remove it, and keep it in a safe place so it doesn't get lost. I doubt you'll ever really miss it once removed.

Are you sure you've never been here before? I remember one of the members from the old MW Forums was named Godzilla (Duke Togo). Anyways, welcome to the new MW Forums......congratulations on picking up your first VF-1S. You might wanna take a look at my PINNED thread near the top of the page.

Pinned: What's wrong with my Yamato, Bandai, etc. (Pages 1 2 3 ...4 )

Common Repair Questions.

:ph34r:

Nope. My name is Greg. :lol: I read these forums and decided to finally register to complain about my Yamato 1/48. I could complain about the "Masterpiece" Collection from Toynami but I digress. :blink: