The real Dana Sterling....

Ok....

I managed to finally find a pic of the elusive Melissa Newman (daughter of actor Paul Newman).....on Joanne Woodward's website no less. Took me a long time and all I have to say is....WOW! She is quite a beautiful lady! Melissa is on the left side of the pic.

This pic is from the 1994 Critics Awards, making Melissa about 32-33 (not exactly sure what day it aired). I saved it to my computer so as to not have a link to the webpage on the offchance the Newman's decide that my bit of cheek is too much.

Enjoy!

post-26-1085127057_thumb.jpg

Actually...

Melissa Newman, according to several webpages (specifically The New York Times), lists one of her credits as One Dark Night. That movie appears in several places with information about the daughter of Paul Newman. I believe that its simply the same actress, but IMDB has her listed twice. You can also find info on her under the name Lissy Newman.

It's in the realm of possibility, I'd definetly say that. The IDMB site that has the "daughter of Paul Newman" lists her birth year as 1961, and the first role on the other entry is for the John Wayne/Rock Hudson vehicle "The Undefeated" in 1969 (which, if they are the same person, would have made her about 8 years old at the time).

It's in the realm of possibility, I'd definetly say that. The IDMB site that has the "daughter of Paul Newman" lists her birth year as 1961, and the first role on the other entry is for the John Wayne/Rock Hudson vehicle "The Undefeated" in 1969 (which, if they are the same person, would have made her about 8 years old at the time).

never heard of kid actors?

never heard of kid actors?

Of course I have, and the remark about her being 8 was not meant as a way of saying "it couldn't be the same person" but a confirmation that, yes, she could have acted in that movie.

It's pretty easy to find pictures of Mika Doi, who did the voice for Lana (as well as Misa in Macross and Houquet in Mospeada). I don't know about the Nova Satori English voice actress.

Related trivia: If I'm not mistaken, the Japanese VA for Jeanne Francais is the same as for C-ko Kotobuki from Project Ako. I think there's a passing resemblence between the characters--wonder if there's a connection.

Related trivia: If I'm not mistaken, the Japanese VA for Jeanne Francais is the same as for C-ko Kotobuki from Project Ako. I think there's a passing resemblence between the characters--wonder if there's a connection.

Gold star for you :) Both C-Ko and Jeanne were voiced by Michie Tomizawa, who also did the voice for Linna Yamazaki in the original BGC OAVs.

Cool find, 1BRD! To me, Dana's voice sounded like that of an old woman's, so I always assumed her voice actress was in her late 50's when Robotech was produced. I never would've guessed she was a 20-something. Being the daughter of Paul Newman, no wonder Melissa ever bothered to appear at Robocon 10 or any other Robotech reunion. :p