more harmony gold marketing macross?

Hey Guys just wondering if anybody could help?.... I went to a local comic book/animme store to order/purchase SDF Macross DVD's ,he actualy had the nerve to point me to his Robotech section and denied there was any difference between RT and Macross other than "ones in japanese and ones in english". He said I should look at A&B Sound because they have "the japanese version of Robotech" - dumb a-- , anyway I did and that's where my horror started. Finding SDF Macross with japanese characters I was STOKED! They had boxed sets and individual DVD's with different episodes on each. When I read the descriptions on the back they described the character interaction with........with.... Rick and Lisa?? WTF? :blink: even if subbed shouldn't they read Hikaru and Misa ? :huh: and the most confusing part is it was distributed under Harmony Gold 2002. Is this the real mcoy or should I take my money to an E-tailer ? :angry: I don't want to bring it home only to be dissappointed. I'd really appreciate any advise on this guys ..........thanks for the 'ears. :)

cambodian tire Posted on May 21 2004, 12:18 AM

Hey Guys just wondering if anybody could help?.... I went to a local comic book/animme store to order/purchase SDF Macross DVD's ,he actualy had the nerve to point me to his Robotech section and denied there was any difference between RT and Macross other than "ones in japanese and ones in english". He said I should look at A&B Sound because they have "the japanese version of Robotech" - dumb a-- , anyway I did and that's where my horror started. Finding SDF Macross with japanese characters I was STOKED! They had boxed sets and individual DVD's with different episodes on each. When I read the descriptions on the back they described the character interaction with........with.... Rick and Lisa?? WTF?

Someone's gotta tell those guys from HG to lay off the retard sandwiches! Oh, and maybe that guy from yer local comic book/anime store, too, C.T.!! :lol::D:)

Edited by connor99

I concur with JB0. Although HG is behind the licensing and sale of SDF Macross TV by Animeigo in 2001-2002, the discs I have (which I got as three minibox sets) don't have any RT names on them. You should go to Animeigo's site and look at the product page for Macross TV to see what the packaging looks like.

This thread refers to a bootleg that may be the one you've seen: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...5574&hl=bootleg

There are others, but their box art doesn't resemble the Animeigo box art at all.

Edited by ewilen

Thanks JBO & ewilen, I will definenately give those a pass, Thanks for the link ewilen. I'm not too sure if they're bootlegs though as A&B Sound is a huge national chain with positively HUGE multi story buildings for home entertainment - mostly music CD's. I, probably mistakingly, thought they were international 'down in the states too. Actualy I thought it was an american chain, the folly of being canadian we usualy take, with an amount of certainty, that most sucessful stores have migrated north from below the border.So I appollagise if "A&B Sound" was an unclear ref. Anyway I'll be looking elsewhere thanxks alot :)