Help identify a tokusatsu series!

I was cleaning out the basement, so to speak, and found a battered toy that was quite undoubtedly from a tokusatsu series... was just wondering if some of the gurus on the board could help me ID the series.

I think it would go under the so-called "metal heroes" genre, but the armor is much more blockier and heavier than, say, Space Sheriff. There are three main chars, three colors, Red, Green, and... Blue I think? I only found the torso and arm of the Red character, the lightest armed character. The Green dude was the heaviest armed I think. There are hinged clips on the forearms where they clipped on all sorts of heavy weaponry.

I would post photos of it if it hadn't gotten accidentally thrown away with the trash <_<

The internet hasn't been of much help, since all I found were info on Space Sheriff.

origin-gavan.jpg

Uchuu Keiji Gavan (Space Sheriff Gavan) - 1982

The first "Metal Hero" show, Space Sheriff Gavan spawned such sequels as Uchuu Keiji Shaider (Space Sheriff Shaider, 1984), Jikuu Senshi Spielban (Dimensional Warrior Spielban, 1986), and Cho Jinki Metalder (Superhuman Machine Metalder, 1987), all of which were used for Saban's VR Troopers (1994), as well as Juukou B-Fighter (Heavy Armor B-Fighter, 1995) and B-Fighter Kabuto (1996), which were adapted into Saban's Big Bad Beetleborgs (1996) and Beetleborgs Metallix (1997).

Akilae: Sounds like Cyber Cops (don't know the Jap name). I have the green one which has a machine gun which clips onto the arms. The Blue one has a knife, the Red one has a punching gauntlet thing, and I think there was one more in the theam. The silver one has a chain saw thing and has radar domes or something from its shoulders.

Hope this is the one you were looking for.

post-26-1084840220_thumb.jpg

Edited by wolfx

Hey I remember those cyber cop toys... saw a lot of them I think back in Kay Bee Toys in the mid '90s. If I remember right there was a white one two with a huge like cannon/hang glider thing.

I know a guy who still has those toys loose... not sure what condition. I could manage to aquire them from him if anyone is interested.

Akilae: Sounds like Cyber Cops (don't know the Jap name). I have the green one which has a machine gun which clips onto the arms. The Blue one has a knife, the Red one has a punching gauntlet thing, and I think there was one more in the theam. The silver one has a chain saw thing and has radar domes or something from its shoulders.

Hope this is the one you were looking for.

whoa, thanx, THAT's the show!! man... brings back memories.... and all that cheesiness... good memories though.

Thanks again!

Hey I remember those cyber cop toys... saw a lot of them I think back in Kay Bee Toys in the mid '90s. If I remember right there was a white one two with a huge like cannon/hang glider thing.

I know a guy who still has those toys loose... not sure what condition. I could manage to aquire them from him if anyone is interested.

Yeah if you could, I want the white one.