What are your favorite space battles?

Most visually appealing battle scenes for me:

Space battle around/within Death Star 2 in Return of the Jedi.

Dogfight between Guld and Isamu on Earth in Macross Plus.

Space battle between Enterprise E and the Scimitar (spelling?) in Star Trek Nemesis.

Not really in space, but the APU's vs Sentinels in Matrix Revolutions.

I Like when Jenny Sparks and the Authority went out into Space and Electrocuted "god's" brain...

...IN this case, god was an ancient organism that created Earth, but never intended it to be used by humans...

"Earth is Under New Management!!"

;)

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86

BTW....anyone catch Enterprise last night? They're two episodes away from the Season Finale (possibly the entire series too)..........great episode.

Nnnooooooooo...!! :(

I've c/p a few of the previous posters, saves me some typing. :p

- The battle at Endor (RotJ)

- The battle for Deep Space 9 where the Federation fleet has to punch through the Dominion fleet to retake the station.

- New Battlestar Galactica Nebula Escape battle

- Macross Plus (OVA) openning scene

- Macross DYRL (openning and ending battle)

- Macross II ending battle

- The battle at Deep Space 9 where the Federation fleet has to punch through the Dominion fleet to retake the station. (Sacrifice of Angels)

- Any large scale space battle in B5

- Battle for Earth in the beginning of Star Trek: First Contact ("It ìs good day to die!")

But I realy, truly still miss a perfect space battle, THE ultimate space battle as the battle at the Pelennor Fields in Return of the King is THE 'ancient' land battle. A space battle scene that is ongoing, without jumping to another sidestory on a planet. I'd love to see a long and large space battle, each time focussing on a hero struggling for his or her life, failing or succeeding. A flagship-crew that is working frantically to get the orders out and to assess the situation, a captain that is making tough decissions.

The battle of the New Galactica at the Ragnar station was a step in that direction, with distorted voices over the comm that battle was exciting as the physics were correct (remember the afterburn slide in Wing Commander?), it was however still too short.

But I realy, truly still miss a perfect space battle, THE ultimate space battle as the battle at the Pelennor Fields in Return of the King is THE 'ancient' land battle. A space battle scene that is ongoing, without jumping to another sidestory on a planet. I'd love to see a long and large space battle, each time focussing on a hero struggling for his or her life, failing or succeeding. A flagship-crew that is working frantically to get the orders out and to assess the situation, a captain that is making tough decissions.

The battle of the New Galactica at the Ragnar station was a step in that direction, with distorted voices over the comm that battle was exciting as the physics were correct (remember the afterburn slide in Wing Commander?), it was however still too short.

Amen! Maybe the Ender's Game movie will deliver!

Amen! Maybe the Ender's Game movie will deliver!

Amen to that as well...though Ender's game has nothing much to do with the actual space battles itself since we don't really know what's going on behind those computer represented blips. I do hope they keep true to the book though and if they do, we probably won't see much space battles in it, unfortunately. But nonetheless, Ender's Game was a good book and will hopefully become a good movie. :)