boot legg gbp armor

doing my usual rounds to ditermine when the yamato gbp armor will come out (Hoping to see presales on ebay soon) saw this ebay CHOGOKIN gbp i have never seen one before and there is no match in the toy section. and i do not see a big west logo on it

edit: duhhh thought i was in the auction section

Edited by buddhafabio

I had one of these. Taka made them. This one may be a bootleg since the box is different than all the others I've seen. The taka ones are kinda rare. You see them up for sale on ebay occasionally. I traded mine to Trueblueeyes. Basically think of it as a taka posable with removable armor. No opnening missile hatches and armor that is difficult to put on. I had the max tv type. I believe that Kanata has one of this type. Very few movable joints on the valk itself. I've seen them go for as much as $400 on ebay and as little as $30 (I think that's what kanata paid).

Wierd box.

Edited by jwinges

Yeah, there were 2 Takatoku 1/76 Armored Valkyrie releases: VF-1J Hikaru and VF-1J Max.

But this still appears to be a knock-off (although still looks nice).

See the comparison pics (originals from ToyboxDX):

Auction:

37_1.JPG

Actual:

176hikarubox.jpg

Yes, these are/can be the real thing. I had a real one when I was younger... I seem to recall the gun being massively out of proportion with the valkyrie itself.... looked more like a giant cannon than your average gunpod...

doesn't this need to be in the macross toy section? there was a lot of regulating on non macross stuff in the toys section, so how about in the anime section? :p:D:lol:

I have one of these still in its box with the same packaging etc,etc. This is a bootleg, though not really crappy as most people assume bootlegs to be. I got mine at a flea market about 4 years ago and I think I paid about $30 give or take a buck or 2. As for the armor its pretty much what you see is what you get. The neat thing about this toy is the head folds foward and you can pull out the pilot seat. I dunno if its worth $50 but its a neat thing to add to a collection.

Rob :ph34r: