MOSPEADA QUESTION

I don't about the HK version, but I personally wouldn't put down $20 for LLA. Fortunately, I didn't have to.

I was mainly interested in it for whether it tied up any loose ends. Having seen it--admittedly without understanding the dialog--I don't really think it does. (If anyone can supply an English translation script for the dialog, that would be great.)

OTOH, if you're a big fan of the music, LLA might be worth paying the $20 if you can't get it by other means. I don't remember if there's any new music, but all or most of the music has different vocals since Yellow (mostly?) sings in his male voice.

Edited by ewilen

HK boot is a rip from the R2 set, which wasn't the highest quality either, so it's about even par. Stock HK subs, songs are unsubbed.

Ignoring the flashback scenes, which you could just watch the R1 release for, the main chunk of subbed speech is an interview with Yellow covering that he loves the performing on stage live, a simple and unspoiled back to nature lifestyle makes him look better, that while fond of the cross-dressing he doesn't need to pretend for the camo angle, but mostly the fact he still thinks about his friends and his travels with them.

Cyc

Having seen it--admittedly without understanding the dialog--I don't really think it does. (If anyone can supply an English translation script for the dialog, that would be great.)

The HK version has both English and Chinese subs for dialogue scenes. IMO, the English sub is pretty good. :)

I was initially disappointed the R1 didn't include LLA, but having watched it once, I doubt I will watch it again.

The difference between the R1 and the HK can be small or large, depending on what you value: http://anime.smallapple.net/mospeada/

Khyronic: You do know that you can download LLA off of the imacross servers unsubtitled right. Just making sure.

Cyclone: I thought that was one of the highlights of the Mospeada R1 release, it was touched up the same way Macross TV was when it was released R1.

Cyclone: I thought that was one of the highlights of the Mospeada R1 release, it was touched up the same way Macross TV was when it was released R1.

Ah, but are they the original colors was my point...

Cyc

I don't know about the HK version, but the one I have is the TW version, the OVA was included with the original series, and it's just basically does like what MAcross Flash Back thingy, little talking and major singing, but it's cool tho. Subtitle wise, i'll give mine 8 out of ten cause they got the name all messed up! :blink: yellow become hwan, Rey become Ray, Hoquet become Fonjay, Aisha become Elsa, Sorgi become surgi and Stick become sting... for crying out loud, but other than that, the translation was dead on, they even got the Op nad Ed song subbed, they included with all the goodies from the original, line arts, box arts and stuff, worth pick it up.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, but are they the original colors was my point...

Cyc

Just turn up the green and tint to get the original look.....

:p

Oh wait............

WE SHOULD ALL BOYCOTT HG BECAUSE THEY SCREWED UP THE COLORS IN THE MOSPEADA REMASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They made ADV match the colors of the other sets so that all the Remastered Robotechs would match colorwise.............

:p