These gals make me smile!

I was hoping to score me some series 2, CMS Macross gashapon yesterday, but no luck yet. I didn't go home empty handed however... Got me some Chobits stuff instead. B))

Made by KONAMI & YAMATO, this 3rd Series set of 5 collection is based on the linearts of lovely Chobits girl characters from the TV Animation. I've got 3 figures of Chii in different poses and costumes - first the candy girl, the uniform and Chii in her pyjama costumes. One Sumomo in her famous tamborine pose and Yuzuki in her usual maid costume. This time, the special rare figure is the ultra sexy Freya in her famous dark Chii getup. All Sculpted by Takeshi Miyagawa (T's System), Made in China of the usual ATBC-PVC, ABS gashapon materials. The figures' heights range from 1" to 4.5". For age of 14+ (physical and mental).

The sculpt and paint works are excellent. The overall quality of the 3rd series is comparable to the first Chobits gashapon set and are in MANY ways better than the badly sculpted 2nd set. All the character faces are very close to the drawings in the TV series. I particularly find candy girl costume Chii to be the best of the lot, although many of you might disagree - cuz the dudes and dudettes that looked at my set in person, all seem to agree it's Freya. But she don't count. She's the special figure. :D

Now for the pictures... Oh, better get yours before they only offer the usual set without Freya.

post-26-1083202396_thumb.jpg

Bob's getting horny and staring up all of their pantsus..... :lol:

Ya know, this just ain't fair. First, I get laughed at cuz I'm not tall. Then, I get accused of peeking up their pantsu just because I'm born with those eyes. Sorry to have mislead you all, but I'm just in the pictures for signatory purpose. And I may be dirty minded at times, at least the rest of my anatomy are cultured and well-behaved. B)) Heck, I even sent each of the gals back safely to their display cabinets, and walked them ALL the way in and bid them good nite before leaving - and they didn't even offer me coffee. <_<

That is the set that I'm least satisfied with. Of the five figs there, I only like Kotoko and the sleeping Chii. While the others have nice poses, their faces are way off - if you have the book attached below...

I dunno, maybe I'm too overly critical but the Gashapons didn't do the original artwork it was based on any justice - especially that Chii in the schoolgirl uniform with the parasol. She looks laughable at best, cross-eyed and stout bodied. And the character designs of the Chobits girls, are one of the most beautifully unique ever to be produced in animedom in a long time. No offense to anyone who like that particular fig though but the drawing in that book is sweeter. :)

The poses of the currently released 3rd series maybe a little stiff, but the sculpts are dead on.

post-26-1083215033_thumb.jpg

Those look fantastic! I'm still wondering how Toynami's Chobits figures are going to look. They announced the license last year but haven't shown anything yet. I'm guessing they wont look half as good as these do.

I'm still wondering how Toynami's Chobits figures are going to look.  They announced the license last year but haven't shown anything yet.

One word: CRAP. Just like all of their other toys.

I dunno. I have to wait and see when the Alpha comes out... I agree on the MPCs, they are crap.

I'm still wondering how Toynami's Chobits figures are going to look.  They announced the license last year but haven't shown anything yet.

One word: CRAP. Just like all of their other toys.

The inuyasha ones look good.