EVA G-SHOCK watch

thought u eva fans would want this ^^;

insert from NCSX page:

Bandai has started accepting preorders for a special limited edition Casio G-Shock watch with an Evangelion skin on the front and an engraving of Rei Ayanami on the back. Preorders were started last night and will last until May 16. The production will be limited to 1000 units only with each watch serially numbered on the back. The face of the watch is designed with an EVA-00 mark and a black/mint color scheme with the NERV logo dead center. Functions of the watch include a solar recharge system, a stopwatch function, and automatic calibration for daylight savings.

Pricing is set at Y26,040 and we start preorders today at US$295.

http://www.ncsx.com/2004/ncs042604/ncs0426m.htm

post-26-1083044505.jpg

How much do normal G-Shocks go for? $100 at the most?

...and for $300 you'd think they'd include a little more than a slight color change and embeveled crest on the back. Does it play Cruel Angel Thesis? Does Rei's voice tell you the time?

No? Fogedaboutit. :(

I love Eva, but there's no way in hell I would pay that much for a watch, let alone wear it. Looks nice though.

I have far better uses for my 300 bucks.

Yes, $300 is too much for a G Shock...when I first heard about it, I thought it's be in the $150 range maybe....not $300. It is a nice piece, just not worth the $300.

And I still may buy one since I have a thing for watches. :lol:

I was gonna post this earlier, but what makes a G-Shock watch so special?  I would get a Movado or a nice Guess watch for that price.

What makes them so special is that G-Shocks will last longer than anyone. Most certainly longer than a Movado or Rolex (pretty much any watch). They may not look as nice (personal opinion), but they'll last forever. But I have to say (and not just this Eva G-Shock), G-Shocks are pretty pricey sometimes. Overpriced as well.

Edited by dreambrother