Initial D Trueno

THere are some new Intial D toys out. I only got this one. There are two type on with Carbonfiber hood and one with out. THe one with has Takumi inside and the one without has Bunta. I got the Bunta one.

The hood opens to reveal engine and there is tofu in the trunk

post-26-1082935319_thumb.jpg

and here is the engine. Wheels do not roll but as a colelctionpiece its kinda cool. Plus there arent that many Bunta stuff. Oh the other toys is a infared motion device. as you walk past it activates. it is a section of a hairpin apex. and the trueno is on it and it drifts and makes drifting sounds. there is also a mini driving simulator. it is a box with the driving wheel and dash at one end. at the top is a depiction of a street with the trueno ontop. and you can turn the wheel to make the car slide back and forth.

post-26-1082935521_thumb.jpg

and here is the engine. Wheels do not roll but as a colelctionpiece its kinda cool. Plus there arent that many Bunta stuff. Oh the other toys is a infared motion device. as you walk past it activates. it is a section of a hairpin apex. and the trueno is on it and it drifts and makes drifting sounds. there is also a mini driving simulator. it is a box with the driving wheel and dash at one end. at the top is a depiction of a street with the trueno ontop. and you can turn the wheel to make the car slide back and forth.

The 4-AG!!!

I wonder if this show has pumped up the resale value of 1986 Corolla GTS hatchbacks in the states...

Between Initial D and the whole drifting scene, prices for the Corolla GTS are crazy. Hard to find a decent one for under $4k. It's a good car, but not worth that much. Especially since you can buy a first generation MR2 which has the same chassis, same engine and handles much better for a lot less. Same thing with 240sx's, their resale prices are beginning to rise.

• 1 month later...

Havent been to Steves store in ages. But I picked thist up in Japan Town during my visit to SF. I got the tissue box but thought the Trueno was a tad too small for the street it was drifting on. Plus I can have bunta driving hehe.

post-26-1085707033_thumb.jpg