Spendy month for me!

Godzilla

To start with, let me say that anyone who posts a brag like "look at the ridiculous number of the same toy I just bought" deserves his criticism as much as he deserves his praise.

And yeah, personally, I think it's idiotic to buy seven of the same toy just to collect. Then again, they may go up in value and he may end up selling them for profit to the same people in this thread who criticized him for buying. But I hate it when people do that. The toy companies, realtors and distributors take enough money from fans without speculators artificially controlling supply by cramming a bunch of the same toy in his closet to wait for just the right moment to get some desperate geek to pay even more than retail for them.

But I can't say I side with his criticizers either. I guess bragging begets bragging but you people who get more than $10k a year in bonuses need to realize that you're not in the majority and I'd venture to say that most people in this forum do not get bonuses that good every year. And you know what, some of us manage to buy the occasional thing just for fun anyway.

'Zilla (and anyone else of legal age),

You're a grown man. That's what being an adult is all about. Making decisions for yourself. And of course, dealing with the results of those decisions.

I buy these things because I was never allowed to spend my money on the things I wanted when I was younger. Christmas and birthdays were only two days out of the year. Besides, the technology today blows away most of the toys I had as a kid.. of course they're going to get my money.

Buy what you like.