Can anyone identify these pieces

I have that toy as well...gosh this toyline was shortlived but freaking cool. Die-cast goodness with variableness. I can't remember the name though. I just knew it was cool.

I still have the uber big GOLIATH tank , although the control tower broke.... (ouch...i blame little brother). Its this giant tank/carrier, which opens up into a carrier of sorts and has ramps and stuff to deploy tanks and a runway for your little die cast jets to take off on. It even has an elevator for your tanks in carrier mode into the 20 odd parking bays on the back of the control tower. Pretty awesome toy line.

Oh, and there was another toyline....X-panders i think it was called....they had this cool futuristic plastic soldiers, and their vehicles literally "expand" as they make these hissing noises (gear powered) into battle mode and whatever u call it.

OMG...i totally forgot about these until I saw the pictures you posted.

I used to have a whole bucnh of megaforce stuff both Triax and Vrock. My fav was the ramfist mass assault base.(picture a jawa sand crawler with two giant rotating arms around a command module with 2 16 inch gun turrents on top of it.

RamFist1.jpg

http://www.toyarchive.com/Megaforce/Stratofortress.html

EDIT: heres a link to the stratofortress the plane your asking about.

EDIT again

heres the guys macross toy page

http://www.toyarchive.com/Macross/Macross.html

and mainpage with a whole load of toys

http://www.toyarchive.com/

Edited by renegadeleader1

I've still got a few of those floating around my house. They were definetly a cool toy line back in the day.

OMG....i was too young to appreciate these toys. The die cast toys, if they were around today, i'd collect them all! And the playability of the bigger sets are so cool. They don't make toys like they used to. Sigh!

And the goliath in pristine condition...

Goliath

Goliath1.jpg

Edited by wolfx

I had a couple of those too, they were great.

Not to Hijack the thread, but does anyone else rember a line of toy spaceships, that used magnets as a gimmick, they had magnets on the bottom of the ships, and the figures had magnets on the bottom of their feet as well (I think there was a cartoon as well)

That toy line was STARCOM. I thought it was gimmicky and the toys were quite cheaply made. Then again I only saw them in other people's hands and in stores as I was like 15 or 16 when those came out.

I thought the Starcom toys were great. I only owned one which was a white colored base on stilts. I so wanted the big main jet one but my dad wouldn't get me one. Not sure why.

Anyway, the base had this airlock, which you put your man on one side, flip a switch on one side and watch your man go through the airlock as the doors open and close. Very very nifty. It also has a mechanised wind up gun turret, which only starts up when you put your man's magnetic boots on the seat....which is very cool.

Ahh....toys in the good ol days.

I have to admit that all I remember of STARCOM is seeing the toys in the stores (and thinking what a ripoff it was to get a teeny tiny action figure with the gimmick of magnet feet for the same price as a regular size action figure) and my cousin had a big black triagle dropship/jet thing and a little square white one with legs that picked up a yellow box. He got them for christmas in like 87 or something and I remember them clearly now as I had to help him put them together (being the only family member there under 21 and above 6 made me official christmas time "toy putter together" for the younger of the clan). The little white one had these pop up engines on the sides when you pushed a switch... only when you pushed the switch the force of the pop-up would send one of the little engine pods flying off all the time (and this was fresh out of the box)... and the big black triangular thing only like opened up when you pushed a button but it did it so slloooooooowwwlllyyy with this sort of uuuuugggghhhhh sound. I thought they were the worst toys I had seen in a while back then... my little cousin loved the hell out of them. Perhaps he just got some bad ones, who knows?

That christmas however was the christmas my dad bought me my M16 BB rifle... many a dead squirrel, bird and GI Joe guy soon followed. :ph34r:

... and now back to the MegaForce topic at hand...