Anyone got pix on the southern Cross

Sam

I hope someone knows what im talking bout? Basically the models brought out to represent the armour they wore in Southern Cross?

Thanks in advance, feel free just to leave a link if need be, I just couldn't see it on the web at all?

Sam

Okay, here's the best place to see the boxes of all the models, and even a bunch of models that never made it into production due to the series being cut short.

http://www.artemisgames.com/robotech/Resea...oss/Models.html

Somewhere out there, probably on a Japanese page, I know I've seen a picture of a built model, possibly of Lana (the GMP girl), which shows how the top of the armor can come off, revealing her naked upper body.

Just noticed, from the site with all the model box pictures...for some reason these three have Big West stickers on them!

http://www.artemisgames.com/robotech/Resea..._Jeanne_Box.gif

http://www.artemisgames.com/robotech/Resea...Nordoff_Box.jpg

http://www.artemisgames.com/robotech/Resea...T_Marie_Box.jpg

Was BW involved in licensing SC merchandise? Of course, back in those times, TP and BW were probably friends, but I still didn't think BW was involved in SC at all.

Also, I like how the Navy Division guys have the "NAD" logo right on their crotches! (You can just make it out here; it's clearer in the SC TIA art book.)

Wowzers Ewilen, thanks, that should keep me occupied for a bit! :lol:

Thanks for the offer EXO, dont go to any trouble, but if you do, thanks!! :D

Has anyone *built* any though?

And theres a bioroid model! how cool is that! B))

Sam

So have either of you two watched the oringinal southern cross, un roboteched?

Is it worth trying to find?

I must say as part of the macross saga it was my , dare I say, least favourite, but nonetheless it still had some cool mecha and armour, so was wondering if the original is good?

Sam

Also, I like how the Navy Division guys have the "NAD" logo right on their crotches!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Awesome placement... for some reason i remember a line from Goonies?? or something

"kick him in nards"

"Wolfmen dont have nards"

"just DO IT"

craaaackkkk

"oh, Wolfmans got nards"

hehe

cracked me up as a kid. :D

Sam

oh oh, its cool how they have their toys, never knew that!

Did you say the models armour can be removed? did i read that wrong?

So have either of you two watched the oringinal southern cross, un roboteched?

Is it worth trying to find?

I must say as part of the macross saga it was my , dare I say, least favourite, but nonetheless it still had some cool mecha and armour, so was wondering if the original is good?

Sam

Haven't seen it... waiting for it to get to Netflix so I can copy it... er I mean bootleg it... doh! I mean steal the money right out of HGs crummy paws! Ah yeah... that's right... that felt better!

I still call my favorite girl Nova Satori! lol...

But yeah, the best thing about the show were the mechs (minus Mari's ugly bulbous gerwalk mess) and the armours.

Recently got the ADV version off eBay...result of much patience.

I always liked the original RT-ized version, even better than Mospeada, so it's hard for me to compare. And also, it's been a long time since I saw that version.

Both my wife and I are enjoying the originals. Of the stuff that's different, I think the music is interesting even in areas where it's kinda clunky...can't remember enough of the RT version's plot to see where they've sliced and diced the footage. There are some fundamental differences...like the fact that the action takes place on a colony planet, not Earth, the aliens have somewhat different motivations, and the nature of "Zor" ("Siefriet" in the original) is much different.

There's really only one episode that strongly annoyed me, which is an early one where Jeanne (Dana) freaks out in combat...not to mention the silliness of assigning her and Marie to the mission in question. (It's the one where they go up in a shuttle craft.)

Anyway, I just remembered one of the places I saw Lana's boobs--it was in a file that's available on our very own MW! Shawn uploaded a bunch of Japanese commercials from the 80's, including one that appeared during SC. It shows the model feature in question and has a bunch of other built-up models. Not to be missed! 11 megs, zipped. Here's the link.

It would be nice i reckon if*now macross lovers dont stone me here* the robotech voice dubbing was redone for the series, with less irritating voices, cuz im sure with the better sound recording now a days these shows could be a lot more enjoyable. I know this wouldn't happen, just saying.. :)

The reason I say this is cuz I think thats what I remember SC annoying me with.

Dana.

Everytime she opened her mouth.

:p or maybe im exagerating, but im sure u get the point!

But, based on what being said, do you guys reckon this is a good deal or bad steal???

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEBWN:IT

And Ewilen, im always up for a boob flash so im downloading the movie file as we speak! :D

EXO, does ur kit have removeable armour?

Sam

EDIT, after downloading that add, I know the story, thanks for the link! =)

Edited by Sam

Also, I like how the Navy Division guys have the "NAD" logo right on their crotches!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Awesome placement... for some reason i remember a line from Goonies?? or something

"kick him in nards"

"Wolfmen dont have nards"

"just DO IT"

craaaackkkk

"oh, Wolfmans got nards"

hehe

cracked me up as a kid. :D

Sam

oh oh, its cool how they have their toys, never knew that!

Did you say the models armour can be removed? did i read that wrong?

Thats not Goonies its Monster squad

It would be nice i reckon if*now macross lovers dont stone me here* the robotech voice dubbing was redone for the series, with less irritating voices, cuz im sure with the better sound recording now a days these shows could be a lot more enjoyable. I know this wouldn't happen, just saying.. :)

The reason I say this is cuz I think thats what I remember SC annoying me with.

Dana.

Everytime she opened her mouth.

I don't know, I don't remember hating any of the VA's for SC, but maybe if I watched it again, I would. I remember Dana had sort of an "older" voice, but to me it was more of an "old fashioned" voice--like a woman from an early 60's TV show. Since I thought of her as a Janet Leigh type, it didn't bother me.

But, based on what being said, do you guys reckon this is a good deal or bad steal???

Looks like a good deal to me.

And Ewilen, im always up for a boob flash so im downloading the movie file as we speak!

That reminds me--the original SC has at least a few gratuitous shots of Jeanne/Dana in the shower which were edited to remove frontal/backal nudity in RT.

I had the kits for Lana and Charles back around 1986...pretty decent kits at the time, included metal inserts for the feet so the models would stand easyer, also included two heads...one of the helment, the other just of thier face...Lana's chest armor did come off :D and charles included a removeable backpack...both kits were fairly poseable with a limited set of polycaps...However, the sculpt suffered a bit from haveing to suit the injection molding process, and detail was a bit soft...but they were still some very nice kits :)

I need to find one of those Southerncross: this is animation books...SC isn't a great show IMHO, but there is something really cool to me about the mecha and armor design :D

That reminds me--the original SC has at least a few gratuitous shots of Jeanne/Dana in the shower which were edited to remove frontal/backal nudity in RT.

hmm , shower scenes are always removed, thats something that was taken out of Mospeada too

And after watching that little ad, I hope I never come across a lady that has a chest like that! scaaaaaaaaaaaary :lol::lol: but from the looks of things the face sculpt looks kinda ok really, all things considered :unsure:

thanks for sharing MSW, I am now quite looking forward to getting the kits in the mail =) I will show pix after I have made at least one, just to share :p

Hey, Ewilen, do you mind me asking how much u were able to get the S.C ADV DVDs *holy cow, look at all the acronyms :D *? I found a copy sold by a place called..um.. DVDSOON, and would be under $60USD shipped? is that would u got em for? Or there are better deals to be had.

Kinda flying in the dark, not sure if to try and get or not.? Sounds like it wouldn't be bad from what everyone is saying. I also have the Robotech and Mospeada collections they released a while ago..so this would round out the collection.

Except then I would need to get the oringal Macross.

geez.. I should stop thinking.. it costs too much <_<

Thanks

Sam

I got the SC set for about $35 shipped, essentially by watching eBay like a hawk and then sniping. I got somewhat lucky but you might be able to save a few dollars over the price you quoted by looking on eBay.

As soon as I won the set, I wrote to ADV to request a replacement for Disk 4, because there were reports of a glitch in one episode. I forget the email address to use, but you can locate it here, or at RT.com, or at animeondvd. They were very good and got the replacement to me in less than a week, without my having to mail a receipt or barcode or any of that nonsense.

There's really only one episode that strongly annoyed me, which is an early one where Jeanne (Dana) freaks out in combat...not to mention the silliness of assigning her and Marie to the mission in question. (It's the one where they go up in a shuttle craft.)

Ooooooooooh yeah...That episode (and the one just before it where Jeanne is promoted) led me to remark "This is what would happen if they drafted Minmay!" :p

As for the glitches, I was thinking of using ADV's trade-in deal, but thought that it wasn't worth it. The glitches are pretty tame and last for only a few minutes on two episodes.

Edited by Pat Payne