Macross yamato toys

eyesonme78

Hi ya...

yes, there have been cases where Valks turn yellow (white areas of the valk), I think its the combination of moisture, heat and light which makes them. (though many have other opinions). :D Since u r in Singapore, more likely sunlight may play a role.

It was discussed back before in the forum. Cheers..

does humidity affect toys as well? I was thinking to moving to Florida but someone mentioned that the humidity + the sea would affect the condition of the toys. Not so sure about if this is true.

:( Actually the toy will be affected by any enviroment in different ways, the only way to keep them in a 100% good condition would be to put it into a sealed vaccum case, away from sun light with climate control...

I don't know about humidity playing a role in the yellowing of plastics... but they are known to affect the quality of the stickers overtime. I was told that if yellowing doesn't come from the natural UV rays, it will difinately happen with the change in temperature. The dried atmosphere of climate-controlled cases or rooms will also affect yellowing. If the plastic is not white, it will also yellow. The dyes or colors of the plactics will not be as vibrant as it was new. Unless they are protected from the initial manufacturing stage, plastic yellowing is inevitable for most toys I'm afraid.

Edited by Beware of Blast