More Kill Bill in the works?

Anubis

Linked on Animenewsnetwork, and posted on IMDB:

Tarantino To Make 'Kill Bill' Animation

Maverick director Quentin Tarantino is planning an animated prequel to his Kill Bill movies - to show the early life of the deadly assassin. The film will be drawn in the Japanese manga style already seen in Kill Bill Volume 1 and will focus on the three men - pimp Estebian Vihaio and martial arts masters Hattori Hanzo and Pei Mai - who turned Bill into a ruthless killer. The Oscar-winning writer and director will write and produce the film. Tarantino has also speculated that he could return to Kill Bill's world in 15 years time to follow the daughter of a character killed in the first film. The popular filmmaker - who took five years off after directing Jackie Brown to return to the screen with the violent revenge saga - is next set to direct a segment of Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller's comic book adaptation Sin City.

Sweet.

Don't know about a prequel styled like the animated part in Vol. I because I really didn't care for the artwork. The content was all right, but did not care for the artwork.

An actual sequel with Vernita Green's daughter actually acting on "if you're still sore about it, come find me" would be interesting though. Could present a nice revenge begets more revenge theme.

I could never get into Kill Bill -_- if I wanted to watch a slaughter I'll go to a slaughter house you know? I'm not a big Tarintino fan...he's just..he's almost like a white version of Spike Lee with bad acting skills...somewhere somehow he's got some little part in all his films and mostly dies in the middle of it.

Tell me you didn't love the piss joke in Desperado. :p

I didn't care for Jackie Brown personally, but Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and Kill Bill I liked quite a bit. Can't wait for Kill Bill Vol. 2 to street.

I'm going to buy Kill Bill Vol. 1 on Tuesday, and try to have my lady watch it by friday so we can see Vol. 2 during the weekend. I will also once again play ticket privider for my brother and some of his friends.

I could never get into Kill Bill -_- if I wanted to watch a slaughter I'll go to a slaughter house you know? I'm not a big Tarintino fan...he's just..he's almost like a white version of Spike Lee with bad acting skills...somewhere somehow he's got some little part in all his films and mostly dies in the middle of it.

I wouldn't hate him because he cameos himself in small parts in his films.

To do that, you'd also have to hate M. Night Shyamalan, Peter Jackson, Mel Gibson, Kevin Smith, and about a million other directors, including Hitchcock himself. Even Kawamori shows up somewhere in Macross. It's a long standing tradition.

Tarantino is a lot of things - in particular, he's a talent that is definitely not for everybody's tastes - but he definitely is not a white Spike Lee. They're so completely different in style and substance that the only thing they really have in common is living on Earth and having worked with Sam Jackson.

Back on topic -

The prequel sounds killer... but Tarantino has tendency to talk about alot of cool sounding projects that never show up. There's supposedly a WWII film, Glorious Bastards, a Vega Brothers movie... a million others. You can't really count on him until you see the trailer and a release date is announced.

I'm just psyched for Kill Bill 2.

I been known there will be a "Kill Bride" type of movie when I saw vol 1.

I'm interested in the anime prequel. I like that scene for the same reasons why others hate it. It doesn't "look" like Anime. And that what gave that scene its charm.

Yeah, IMDB had a listing for

Inglorious Bastards (2005)

"Set in World War 2, Tarantino's story revolves around group of soldiers on their way to be executed, only they get the chance for a reprieval. He describes them as 'Not your normal hero types that are thrown into a big deal in World War II.' This is the only information he will release at present."

Like Blaine said though, it still doesn't mean its set in stone.

I do however like Tarantino's work, and he usually makes good cameos in other movies, like his great one in Deseperado. "Jimmy" was also funny in his own Pulp Fiction. Nothing wrong with giving yourself a small role in a labor of love work of yours.

Edited by Anubis