Flyable YF-19 for FS2002 (maybe 2004)

Chronocidal

Hmm... Good deal.. too bad we don't have Circuit City here... I'd have to drive a while to get there, but I'll be sure to go by there if I happen to be in that area. Thanks :) Btw, I have nothing but praise for Saitek :) Just be sure to get one of the programmable joysticks, and with a throttle.. no use simming without one. ;)

I use the Saitek X-45 myself. Nothing like a six-axis HOTAS setup to make flight sim really fun. Those rotary dials are PERFECT for prop-pitch, mixture, airbrake axis, etc. and the four 8-way hat switches aren't bad either. :D

I use the Saitek X-45 myself.  Nothing like a six-axis HOTAS setup to make flight sim really fun. Those rotary dials are PERFECT for prop-pitch, mixture, airbrake axis, etc. and the four 8-way hat switches aren't bad either. :D

Hhehhehehe Chrono u just won 100 points on my personal score :)

Same choice .

Well the X-45 it's a must have for every flight or mecha sim

Cya :)

Edited by Seph1roT

Heheh.. :) Well, my Suncom sticks went bad wayyy before their time (Stinks too.. had a perfect F-18 cockpit replica in those things... but they had serious bad manufacturing problems, the cords broke from the inside.:angry: Windows XP won't recognize non-USB joystick stuff anymore anyway.), and the only other stick/throttle combo I could find was the Thrustmaster Cougar, and I didn't have the spare $250 to buy that. :blink: So far, the X-45's been the best stick I've owned. I just wish it had an option for rudder pedals.

As for playing "tag" or fighting in FS2002, I think that's a no... You get within about 200 feet of another plane, and the sim registers a collision. I tried tailing a 747 once, and found that out. Besides, there's no AI to control aircraft for dogfighting in that program. Best you could probably do is turn off collisions, and simply go at it with another player over a lan or internet.

Man, would that not be the sh*t if we could all just hop online and beat each other up in a Macross flight sim? Even if we couldn't compete in Battriod or GERWALK it would still be cool to unleash a volley of missles at someone. I may be wrong, but I haven't come across anything like this as of yet. Any game programmers out there???

I just wish it had an option for rudder pedals.

Hi Chrono ... for every1 having troubleshots wih the X-45 rudder pedals option u can resolve them by downloading the Bob Church's driver [external rudder win2k/xp] from this link .

Hope it can help ya :)

BTW that url has got every possible driver available for the X-36 / X-45 Usb version

Oh, it's not that I'm having problems with rudder pedals... it's just that I wish it came with them.. I can't afford a separate set at the moment. :p I've had to make do with the rudder switch, but it works decently enough. Don't have room for the pedals anyhow. ;)

This is for those people who just aren't patient enough to wait for a newer cockpit panel (like me :p ). I made the panel from M+ screen caps and a friend of mine made the config from a Gundam F91 config and gauges. Everything you need is in the .zip, and if you have any problems PM me.

Link: www.rherring.net/benland/YF-19 Panel.zip

(you have to copy and paste it into the addy bar)

P.S. I know it isn't the best looking. But it was the best I could do with just screen caps, enjoy!

post-5-1091079763_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shmitty

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an effects addon for the YF-19. This will add afterburners that activate with the throttle and smoke effects. It will also give wingtip contrails that activate with like 2G's (which is like every move it makes at full throttle!). The best part about this addon though is that we've borrowed (stolen, with credit) a sonic boom effect which has a big cloud puff around you when it goes off.

Improved YF-19 Effects Package

P.S. There's also an improved panel. So, those of you who have the older YF-19 one, you still need to put the panel folder from this one in. I've added the lower HUD parts, they don't move because I don't know how to make them do that, but they do look cool!

post-5-1092633091_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shmitty

I know, I was in a hurry when I was making the cap, and left it on on accident :D Then again, it does show how powerful the YF-19 is. :lol: Also if you didn't notice, there's a black spot in the middle of the plane where my cursor was, but was no longer rendered by my crappy video card.

Edited by Shmitty

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I can't say there has been no progress, since I did get FS2004, and am working to adapt it for that, but there has been little else that I've done. As soon as I get the effects and flaps working in 2004, I'll release a verion with textures, but that will be a while.... right now I'm concentrating on getting ready to move my stuff to my apartment for the coming year. The virtual cockpit is pretty crummy so far, but it's textured and looks ok, but not great. The textures are really low-res in it, since right now the virtual cockpit is just a copy of the exterior cockpit, and has no moving parts or anything. But once I get the flaps working, and the engines lit right, I'll put up something for y'all to play with. :D

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the lack of news people, my computer's basically gone through hell in the past few months... Service pack 2 problems caused me to lose a LOT of stuff from a messed up system restore. It seemingly deleted a bunch of files from my hard drive, fortunately none of which were irreplaceable. But I've been working the past few weeks getting things back to normal, and I still don't have any programs to work on this with yet. :angry: I'll post updates as I can, but I've got to find a way to recover a lot of stuff before the final version of this plane can come out.

• 4 months later...

Alrighty, time for a serious bump.. this thing was on the back burner while I fixed up my computer, but it's back in full swing again. :D I've got about 6 sets of markings which are mostly done, and I'm just working out the flying bugs.

Here it is in one of the sets of test markings that got released for the model kit.

post-5-1110845776_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

O my $^#%$ god this is really nice work dude <<lifts his hatt i ben waiting a while to see the 19 in microsoft flightsim O_O! and nmow its a dream come true buitifull imma cry ohh *drule drule* man keap it up i cant wait to fly this perty bird hell imam give her a name .. yea yea il lcall her umm sharleen ill take care of her dont worrie :)) cant wait to take it up.

also i jsut did a flight in lomac and i tought woulent it be nie to fly that bird there too?? :)))