Dilemma...

Vostok 7

CAN WE PLEASE KNOW WHAT IT IS!?

:lol:

You guys had it, it is the Low Viz.

I've decided I'm going to try to keep it if I can. I'm going to go through my other stuff and see if I can get enough to dump so I don't have to get rid of it.

(sorry man I know you're looking for one)

Plus, I think it's more respectful to the original owner since he had a chance to make tons of money off of it but instead sold it to me for a more reasonable price. I couldn't pull that on him and not feel like the hugest jerk of all time.

Thanks guys for all your opinions.

Vostok 7

Don't do it!  There are other ways!  :(

Rob MN

Right. I hear there is good money in stripping and being a ho. Best not to lose the gem of your collection. When you're rolling in Benjamins later, you'll be kicking yourself.

Plus, I think it's more respectful to the original owner since he had a chance to make tons of money off of it but instead sold it to me for a more reasonable price. I couldn't pull that on him and not feel like the hugest jerk of all time.

Part of me says: "Business is business, and what you do with it once it comes into your possesion is your business."

But another part of me says: "That would be dick!"

Edited by Draykov

If you need a small amount of money talk to family or friends and see if someone will spot you if you don't want to sell your toys. Getting in with the Credit Card people is a surefire road to paying double for that money you "borrowed" that some people never get

I agree here.

You should NEVER put more on a Credit Card than you can pay back within a reasonable amount of time, unless it's an absolute emergency. They'll kill you with finance charges and if you pay back just the minimum every month you'll have spent two or three times what you needed to.

I've learned this lesson the hard way, and I didn't get into it nearly as badly as some people did.

DON"T go that route unless you have no other choice.

Amen brother. At one point 2 years ago, I owed $11,000 and change in credit card bills. I only owe $2000 now :)

I WILL NEVER USE MY CREDIT CARD AGAIN for anything above $300 once I pay off that $2000 balance.

I still have 14 payments(from 60) on my car too <_<

i stay away from CC at all costs. yes they're good for building credit but they're even better at ruining it.

the way i see it is, if i don't have all the money up front, i just don't buy it. even when i bought my first car(nissan altima)i paid straight cash for it, no tax. :D the car salesmen didn't seem to mind since he got his commission that very day and the dealership owner was completely psyched, i mean, who goes into a dealership and pays in cash?...well other than rock stars. :p

BTW, i don't have cash like that lying around, it took me forever to save, from hustling, working 2 jobs, and lots of b-day/x-mas money. but hey, in the end, i didn't have any car payments to worry about nor did the car end up costing me $30k cause of interest. <_<

it just goes to show if you really want something, you'll find a way to save up for it. i'm not saying everyone should do this but if you can control yourself and budget your expenses(and live at home at the time ;) ), anything is possible. :)

Amen brother. At one point 2 years ago, I owed $11,000 and change in credit card bills. I only owe $2000 now :)

Well, I wasn't quite that bad.

I had a balance on one up to about $1,000 and then had some issues with money caused by other problems in my life... Balance got up to about $2400 while I was behind...

I finally started catching myself up about a year or so ago and have been whittling away at it, it's down to about $1300 now. A year to get it back to just over where it was when I started. Anyone starting to see the problem? ;)

Anyway... CCs are fine if you respect them. The simple rule of thumb is not to use them to spend money you don't have, or not to put more on them than you can pay back within a reasonable amount of time. If you can do that, you're fine. If you can't do that, you're probably better off just doing without. ;)

Anyway... apologies for being off topic somewhat, but I felt that was an important thing to get out considering some of the other advice we saw given...

ack. All this time and fuss over a low viz? Man I was thinking it was some old toy like an elintseeker or super O or something else that would really be a "prized possession." :p You also made it sound like you can make a lot of money out of it, which led me to think it was some old toy again. I know the low viz can fetch up to 300, but still not compared to an elint or super O prices. I'm not a big fan of the low viz, so if I had it, I'd sell it. But if it's one of the best toys you have, then keep it. :p:D:lol:

Amen brother. At one point 2 years ago, I owed $11,000 and change in credit card bills. I only owe $2000 now  :)

:o Thanks freakin' amazing! (i.e. the repayment) You must have been living in a cave with no electricity, riding a bike to work, eating ramen noodles for those two years? :huh:

CAN WE PLEASE KNOW WHAT IT IS!?

:lol:

You guys had it, it is the Low Viz.

I've decided I'm going to try to keep it if I can. I'm going to go through my other stuff and see if I can get enough to dump so I don't have to get rid of it.

(sorry man I know you're looking for one)

Thanks guys for all your opinions.

Vostok 7

Good man. Nice to that there are nice people out there. It is tempting to sell but I am glad you went with your conscience.

Credit cards are only bad if you are irresponsible... And he said that it wasn't the amount of money he had a problem with it was the fact that he had to come up with it all at once...

So I agree with Fulcy... If you can get a credit card, do it, and then just be very diligent about setting aside enough money each paycheck to put towards the balance...

Get a card you can access online, and make payments every time you have a little extra cash... That would help you not use the money for something else.