MG wing gundam ka.

Hang on a minute:

Nobel - Has large hair in the back

GP03S - Has boosters / wings on the back

GM Type C and Zaku F2 - Don't have a back heavy designs, because they are simply revisions of other designer's works

Tallgeese - Large back boosters

Deathscythe - large back-moun ted wings / active cloak

Sandrock - carries a pair of large swords on its back

Taurus, Virgo, etc - all have very large shoulders

V - true, lacks a back heavy design

V2 - wings

... Your criteria for "back heavy" is very, VERY open-ended. Basically, anything with something on its back qualifies as back heavy, according to that list. You also cite design rather than weight. GP03S, for example, is a space use-only suit. It weighs nothing. Therefore the concept of back heaviness does not apply.

I cited Deathscythe ver. Ka, NOT Deathscythe Hell Custom. DSHC, as well as the other "Customs" in Endless Waltz (minus Wing Gundam Zero Custom) are all Ishigaki refines of Katoki redesigns. If you're getting your designer credits from MAHQ, well, don't. DSHC isn't even very back-heavy; its wings extend to the side, with the option of folding around the body. This is in contrast to the Master Gundam, whose cloak collapses into two wing-like structures.

What the heck do shoulders have to do with back heaviness? You're stuffing Taurus and Virgo in the list... why?

As for V2... its "wings" are two thin beam structures (therefore weightless) generated by extensions jutting out from the chest and back. There is no weight here, thus there is no back heaviness.

Still, they still have prominent back-mounted features. That's all I'm trying to say.

Only a few of Katoki's designs have such prominent back features. If you want to really examine the designs here, you'll notice that Katoki puts the most noticable features into the legs and shoulders of his works, with heads following closely.

If you want to complain about back-weighted designs, load up a photo of a VF-1S with FAST packs attached, or any number of ZZ Gundam designs.

Sorry, I meant to point out that the large-shouldered designs did not fit into the back heavy category.

Again, i'm only making the point that several of Katoki's most prominent designs are back heavy, and that that could be part of why recent designs also have a back heavy characteristic.

However, the back heavy mecha have existed for some time before Katoki, as well. Look at the Perfect Gundam, for example. It certainly is a back heavy design, as evidenced by the new MG's balance.

Excellent job on the model, Chris!!

I can't wait to add this to my collection. (Also want the STRIKE too!)

Here are some pics of the DIAS.  :D

MG_RickDias.jpg

He's got the nicely articulated hands/fingers a la MG Dom.

I'm also intrigued at the side-to-side movement at the elbow....hmmmm...

(Watches MilkManX place his order on an MG Rick Dias.)

Yes

3 please.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

out of pure boredum and laziness, i just wanted to ask where i could find the Wing Gundam KA. cheap...i've went to several places and they sell them for around $40 without shipping...i just want to get this kit so badly but i'm on such a tight budget it's not even funny...

i think $40.00 is about the cheapest you are going to find it for. most of the people who have it for $30.00 something are in hong kong but then you have to worry about shipping. <_< so no matter what you will be paying in the $40.00 range, i recomend it, it is a very nice kit.

Chris