Toy Story 3

Disney plans to make Toy Story 3 without Pixar

Disney is planning to make Toy Story 3 on its own as a theatrical feature after its deal with Pixar ends next year, Disney Studio Chairman Dick Cook said Friday. Interviewed by Reuters in San Antonio in advance of next week's premiere of The Alamo, Cook did not rule out the possibility that the sequel might go directly to home video, but said, "My hunch is big screen." He added: "I think it deserves it. These are two of the most beloved characters in the last generation. Buzz and Woody are fantastic characters, and I think that is something that would fit on the big screen nicely."

Kind of sucks that Slinky won't be in it... :(

They better say goodbye to Tim Allen and Tom Hanks. :p

Without Pixar there IS no Toy Story. :( From what I've heard their latest animated feature (Home On The Range) is supposed to be Disney's last cel animated movie.

They better say goodbye to Tim Allen and Tom Hanks. :p

Without Pixar there IS no Toy Story. :( From what I've heard their latest animated feature (Home On The Range) is supposed to be Disney's last cel animated movie.

Eh... that depends on who Hanks and Allen signed contracts with. My bet is that Disney wouldn't proceed to try and make Toy Story 3 a theatrical release unless they had those locked up pretty tight under contract.

Besides, this is a point of pride (or ego, at least), so my guess is that they'll try and throw enough money at Toy Story 3 to make it at least resemble the originals.

its about time they shut down their animation, 1 the animation quality has been degrading over the years, not the smoothness or framerates but everything has been done in less detail and the character designs look like they were done by a 4 year old (emporers new groove, home on the range) and 2, they made 2 or 3 decent movies from that studio but not a single movie they made was original, and i hated ABSOLUTELY HATED when everyone randomly busts into a song. i also hate the way they end all the movies, every single one ends happily ever after without any worry of consequences, i especially hated the little mermaid, completely changes the ending, the story isnt supposed to be a happy fairy tail but they turned it into one, thatd be like making a cartoon about 9/11 and ending with osama looking disgruntled in a cage and all the soldiers dancing and singing

its about time they shut down their animation, 1 the animation quality has been degrading over the years, not the smoothness or framerates but everything has been done in less detail and the character designs look like they were done by a 4 year old (emporers new groove, home on the range) and 2, they made 2 or 3 decent movies from that studio but not a single movie they made was original, and i hated ABSOLUTELY HATED when everyone randomly busts into a song. i also hate the way they end all the movies, every single one ends happily ever after without any worry of consequences, i especially hated the little mermaid, completely changes the ending, the story isnt supposed to be a happy fairy tail but they turned it into one, thatd be like making a cartoon about 9/11 and ending with osama looking disgruntled in a cage and all the soldiers dancing and singing

Yeah... I hate it when they break out into song out of nowhere...

Oh yeah... Mr. Rourke

What would we do baby, Without Us?

And there ain't no nothing we can't wub each other through.

Sha la la la.

Freaking Eisner has run the company into the ground. God I hope he gets fired.

He has been riding the cash cow for too long, and I think its really time for a proper Disney to take over and show him how its done.

Pixar left because of Eisner's antics, and they won't be the only one to leave the company if he stays in office.

Heh, Toy Story 3 is only the tip of the iceberg, Finding Nemo 2 is already in preproduction. It just kills me that Pixar was the company's main source of inspiration for new ideas. Disney used to be a great name, now its been drug through the mud, ran over, and crushed under a steam roller.

so what they mean is it'll be on the big screen for about 2 weeks and hit video? great can't wait to rent it! :rolleyes:

yep... IMO its going to be yet another pathetic sequal made by Disney. I highly doubt it will actually get the theatrical release (probably flop if it does), I expect it to go directly to video (at some ungodly high price, typical of disney)... yet another Disney "Sequal" I won't bother seeing. Too bad, I absolutly love Toy Story, I even own the "Toy Box" their special edition box set they stopped making last year.