Misa Kits

The_Major

I can think of 4 off the top of my head.

1) a small scale resin kit by Retpuu. TV series design

2) 1/6 scale hard vinyl kit by Tsukuda Hobby. Pretty good looking kit, but the vinyl is a pain to work with. DYRL uniform design.

3) 1/6 wonderfest resin kit by RSB. Very rare. It's of her in her DYRL uniform, similar to the Tsukuda kit.

4) 1/6 scale limited edition Club-M resin kit. Kind of... different pose (she's kinda huddled up, looking all depressed), but it's quite beautiful, I think. Probably the best Misa kit out there.

(I have the Club-M and Tsukuda kits, BTW)

4) 1/6 scale limited edition Club-M resin kit. Kind of... different pose (she's kinda huddled up, looking all depressed), but it's quite beautiful, I think. Probably the best Misa kit out there.

Are there any photos of it online? Every time I see one on Yahoo Japan auctions they only post the box picture (which is an illustration) and I have no idea what the sculpting looks like.

PM'ed ya, The Major on the Tsukuda kit.

Well the kit is actually more like a resin kit rather than vinyl. And her DYRL uniform is the space suit uniform! Also, the kit comes with 1/1 scale "Protoculture Card" as seen in the movie.

I also believe there was an Imai 1/12 kit.

I like the Imai plastic injection kit. The sculpt is not the best, but then again it was a cheap kit to start with (although it's worth way more these days). Even with the resin/garage kits, I still haven't found a sculpt that is worthy of Mikimoto's rendition. The search goes on...

post-3-1080274255_thumb.jpg

For its time (1980s) it was definitely nice. The small photo made it look extra nice, though. I wasn't too impressed with the way her face was sculpted when I saw it up close in person. It looked a little too generic. Too bad us Misa fans only have slim pickings when it comes to Misa figures/kits.