Inspired by wm cheng...1/48 oil wash

inheuk

Like most of you, I saw WM Cheng's awesome work on his 1/48 1S awhile back and it inspired me to do the same to mine except w/ the Hikaru version :p

For the fast pack, I used a water soluble, lamp black oil paint that can be washed off w/ water and soap to avoid the hassle of oil paint thinner. I diluted the paint w/ water to make it just loose enough for the panel lines to soak it up via capillary action (the only exception to this was the jet nozzles...I didn't dilute the oil paint but instead applied it directly onto them and wiped off the excess w/ a cutip). I highlighted some of the vertical panel lines with a black color pencil after I smeared some of the access w/ a cutip. Afterwards, I applied the stock yamato stickers after trimming them to minimize silvering. I then applied 3 coats of Model Master's flat clear coat spray.

For the Valkyrie itself, I used 80%/20% titanium white/lamp black mixture to create a medium gray color and diluted that w/ water. I washed off most of the excess but left a thin layer onn some areas to give it a semi-aged look. I then trimmed and applied the yamato stickers and put on a heavy coat of semi-gloss clear coat.

I'll take better pictures once the sun comes up :D

post-24-1080172183_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...