a Belated M0 Ep.3 question...

Geist

Can Someone tell me why there is a Depiction of the Dead Sea Scrolls In Pasfords Journal?

See for your self, Lower right corner...

I don't know if It has any pertanent Meaning, nor if there is some sort of Relavent Connection, But it did happen to catch my eye.

Hell, why not Consider AIPHOS some sort of Angel( Don't Flame me, that was only a Joke).

post-2-1080046114_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geist

That is the Systema Sephiroticum or the Kabbalah-ic tree of life. It is not on the dead sea scrolls but created by some scholar dude who wrote the Kaballah, a somewhat bible for some splinter Jewish religion.

And by the looks of the screenshot, it seems like they threw in random mythos and "old drawings" around like the Egyptian "All Seeing Eye", Leonardo Da Vinci's human guy drawing ( i fail to know the name), I don't know what is on its leff, and Stonehenge on its right.

Maybe Pasford's theory was the odd mysteries of the world (or ancient advanced civilisations )are all linked to the Protoculture.

Pasford's notes prove it, the Protoculture has ties to the Illuminati!

Seriously, though. Evangelion does not have any sort of trademark on the religions of the world, and not everything seen in Evangelion is found soley in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Like wolfx said, it's probably just random mythological references to make Pasford's notes look all nifty and mystical.

Since those notes were made before he came to Mayan I´m thinking he travelled around the world making some research on ancient cicilisations until he finally found Mayan. Or he simply made notes on how all these things resembled something about overtechnology or the protoculture.

Seriously, though. Evangelion does not have any sort of trademark on the religions of the world, and not everything seen in Evangelion is found soley in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Sci-fi used biblical referencies some ten of years before anime got stuck with it.

The Valis trilogy (which isn't really a trilogy) of Philip Dick comes to my mind, also because they weren't just thrown in, but they were true to their original meaning.

I've also heard they appear in a series called "Jarod the pretender".

Btw, the name's Hasford: http://www.anime.net/macross/characters/h/hasford/index.html

FV