Gundam Side Story DVD?

It appears that there is a recent DVD addition to the Gundam library in the form of GUNDAM SIDE STORY!

Does anyone here have any info on this DVD? Is it an OVA series or stand-alone movie?

I'm aware that this is the place where Gundam Units 04 and 05 are from , so I'm very intrigued.

Any help is good help....... :D

Hehehe, those crazy bootleggers can slap any $h!t on a DVD and otaku fanboys will eat them up.

Those animated cut scenes way too brief and don't tell any story out of the game's context, and the animation quality is not even halfway decent. In some scenes they literally used only 1 cel (still frame) and the camera simply pans over from one side to the other.

I pity the fool who pays money for it. <_<

Hey GC,

Have you heard of Gundam Gaiden (Side Story), Blue Destiny? It's based off of three original FPS Gundam titles for Sega Saturn. It centers around a GM test pilot named Yu Kajima who leaves his "Guinea-Pig" team to volunteer to pilot a newer type of GM using an advanced piloting system called EXAM.

The only domestic item is the Manga published by TokyoPop. It's a good read.

Hey GC,

Have you heard of Gundam Gaiden (Side Story), Blue Destiny? It's based off of three original FPS Gundam titles for Sega Saturn. It centers around a GM test pilot named Yu Kajima who leaves his "Guinea-Pig" team to volunteer to pilot a newer type of GM using an advanced piloting system called EXAM.

The only domestic item is the Manga published by TokyoPop. It's a good read.

Yeah, I picked this up when released here a few years ago. I also thought it was a good story.

Now if they would only make an MG kit of the MS-08 EFREET: :rolleyes:

ms-08txexam.jpg

(Pic from MAHQ)

I bought it, not worth it. Well, I guess in a way it is, because you get to see the decent videos without having to muck through the sub-par gameplay.

How long is it? Is it cell-animated or CG?

No, it's got all the cel videos too, and as far as I can tell (in the 5 minutes I've sat down with it since I bought it 3 weeks ago) is that it's all the videos that are unlockable in the game, no in game sequences or anything like that. And the subs really suck in some places, but the Japanese VAs are better (especially Johnny Ridden's!)