Orguss

jwinges

I've been watching the original orguss. I'm up to about episode 4 (he just got his new rebuilt mech and kicked some butt). Anyway does this show get any better. So far I'm having trouble watching it cause its so boring. Should I watch the rest or is this just a waste of time. Advise please. :unsure:

If you don't like it after 4 eps then you probably wont like the rest of the series as it's pretty much more of the same. :D

Personally, I love the Orguss TV series, Classic 80s mecha anime with great chara and mecha designs. One of my favorite 80s shows.

Graham

I love Orguss...it's a great classic series (and the title mech design is mucho cool...one of my all time faves...anyone else notice how the VF-19, with the wings on the hips, bares a simularity...almost a tribute to the Orguss...or maybe I'm just seeing things :p )

The story does move a bit slow, but there are some nice plot twists (not completely unsupriseing though)...so it does get more interesting...If it had tighter plotting it may have fared a bit better with fewer episodes...but at least it isn't a huge Gundam like epic of 50+ episodes (did Gundam Wing actually need that many episodes to tell it's story?...didn't think so :p )

Someone say Orguss? :D

I was sucked into the story the moment I caught wind of the Premise. It's my favorite anime at the moment...

I liked the idea of Dimensional Oscillation, which no other Anime has yet to capitalize on. The Orguss itself is an interesting mecha, as well as the other mecha designs. Even the Emaan are interesting...

I suggest watching the whole series through before making a decision. You might like it. If you have the collector's box thing you might experience some subtitle errors, but blame that on the neglect this series was given- it was buried under Macross.

Another reason you might want to watch Macross is for the sheer amount of Cameos that appear throughout the series. To date I've seen the VF-1J, Misa, Shammy, Minmei, and even Captain Herlock's Arcadia. I can't take screencaps though...

I'll probably watch a few more before I make a final decision. As far as the shift in universes it kind of reminds me of Duel Parralel adventures (Dual Parallel Universe on Anime Unleashed).

So far the lack of large scale battles is annoying me. I do love the mecha they created out of his plane. Gotta get that toy.

THanks

Dual didn't have the same concept of dimensional oscillation (I.e. mutliple universes all in the same space) You'll get to battles much later when the Mu show up, and when the Emaan actually start fighting.

I started an Orguss thread a long time ago to discuss just that: Here

I think we came to the realization that since Orguss was so different in terms of story it couldn't have possibly been included into Robotech. How could you explain the Emaan without butchering the series' content (Even moreso than Southern Cross...)?