Interested in starting resin Macross kits.

DARTHTODD

I'm getting interested in starting Macross resin kits. There are a lot of different kits out there available for Macross mecha that haven't been made into toys or plastic models yet. Basically what I'm interested in these resin kits that have not been produced as a toy or model yet (I'm not talking different schemes either, I'm talking different products). What I've found so far that interests me is:

1/72 fan racer

1/72 SF-3A Lancer

1/100 VF-5000B Variable S.H.E.

1/100 Pheyos Valkyrie S.H.E.

1/100 VA-3 Intruder S.H.E.

The upcoming Monster project (Can't wait!)

The upcoming VF-4 project (Can't wait again! :D )

I know a lot of these are really rare and they'll be hard to find (I don't care if they're recasts though). Are there any other resin kits out there that anyone knows of that I could add to my list? I've only been interested in Macross stuff for about 2 years now, so I know I've missed a lot of stuff that's out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

My local hobby shop sells the recast Fan Racer and also the super deformed VF-1S fighter and super deformed Ostrich fighter. I believe they are the ones made by Tanmen.

Also, I have many original Yellow Submarine - Club M resin stuff! So, let me know if you are interested. :rolleyes:

Hey Todd, here's my list:

1/100 Zentradi Fighter Pod Monkey-N

1/100 Zentradi Glaug booster Monkey-N

1/72 Destroid Monster Wonderfest

1/72 Destroid Phalanx Wonderfest

1/72 VF-19 Sound Booster Add-onWonderfest

1/72 Cat's Eye Recon Tanmen

1/72 Fan Liner Tanmen

1/72 Fan Racer Tanmen

1/72 VF-4G Lightning III Fighter Club-M

1/72 Queadluun-Rau Club-M

1/72 VF-11 (Wonderfest Special) Club-M

1/48 VF-1S Ultimate Strike Valk Club-M

1/48 YF-19

1/72 VF-2SS Musaki

1/72 Lancer II M-Factory

1/72 VF-17 Battroid Wave

1/72 VF-11C Super Battroid Reppu

I have to agree with the non-variable stuff. Actually, I would recommend some cheap re-casts kits of any make to get you started. Handling resin kits is not as easy as plastic models but not that hard with experience.

I buy those "get me outta here cuz there no shelf space" sale stuff that I find in every store that have too many kits of unpopular subjects to practice on. Practice you sanding, finishing, re-scribing, handling tiny delicate parts, glueing the pieces back, primer, painting and etc...

Good luck and hope you stay as addicted as we are to the beauty of those Macross models.