Mac + Movie

dna

OK - so we've all heard about the crappy quality of the american Mac+ Movie DVD. My question is this: Is it still worth it to buy it, or can I make just as good a copy by dumping my existing VHS tape into my PC and burning my own VHS dump (much like Manga did :p)

Forgive if this has been answered but I did not find this particular quesiton.

But will you get the same 5.1 Digital Surround with a VHS transfer? Correct me if I'm wrong but Mangle's Macross Plus: The Movie came with a 6 channel Japanese track. B))

....but I wouldn't pay more than $12 for Mangle's MP: TM DVD.

IIRC the mangle version also had the 2.0 track as well. The 5.1 or 6.1 wasn't that good anyway. I sold that coaster awhile back and bought the R2 version. I'd just burn the VHS to a DVD. The quality probably would be about the same and the cost cheaper.

I'd just burn the VHS to a DVD. The quality probably would be about the same and the cost cheaper.

Unless your tape has problems.

Someone put a magnet too near mine and it has a few bad spots.

Can't bring myself to buy a DVD, though.

Absolutely couldn't be worse, plus you wouldn't have to worry about the layer change.

And no, it didn't have a 5.1 track. Even more shocking, most old releases that claim that have a 5.1 track are false tracks.

Absolutely couldn't be worse, plus you wouldn't have to worry about the layer change.

And no, it didn't have a 5.1 track. Even more shocking, most old releases that claim that have a 5.1 track are false tracks.

The R2 has a layer change but its better placed. Its where Isamu falls to the ground and looks to the sky after Lucy leaves. When the screen pans towards the sky and it stops to where the screen is just blue sky. Only slighty noticeable. Depends on the player somtimes too. Sony players are terrible at handling layer changes. My cheap Daewoo is alot better.