Wes ain't just a gunner anymore

Wes

After about 4 years of all the grief of finding time, money, and good weather on the weekends, I finally got my private pilot's license today. I highly recommend anyone with the interest (possibly a little disposable income ;) ) give it a shot. It's well worth it.

PS. On an interesting sidenote, I noticed in my FAA examiner's office this picture of Darth Vader signed by Dave Prowse saying "Teaching Darth Vader to fly." I of course asked him what's it about and he says, "Oh yeah, he's a nice English-guy, has some friends he vists around here. Long time ago he told me 'Shouldn't Darth Vader learn to fly?' so I CFI'ed him for a few lessons, but then stopped. He came by later, gave me that."

Small world, huh? :lol:

post-26-1078372454_thumb.jpg

Congrats Wes...

Does this mean that if you're on a 747 and everyone starts dying from eating the fish... that like Ted Striker, you'll be shoved into the pilot's seat and use your skills to land the bird?

Over macho grande?

No, I'll never be over macho grande. Those wounds run... pretty deep.

:lol:

Mayday! That's the Russian Independence Day! We'll make ballons and streamers and... :lol:

Actually, I'm glad you brought that up - when I was early in my flight training, there was this arcade game called Landing High Japan which all it does is basic simulation of jimbo-jet landings. I played that religiously, until I could handle a crosswind of 9 m/s, and it really improved my landings. If you go over the basic of landing with a CFI a couple of times, the game isn't too hard, and a far cheaper way to practice. I think one of the funner things to do is watch how badly Marines would screw it up, living near a base and all. :p

Naturally I was so pissed when they removed it. :angry:

After about 4 years of all the grief of finding time, money, and good weather on the weekends, I finally got my private pilot's license today. I highly recommend anyone with the interest (possibly a little disposable income ;) ) give it a shot. It's well worth it.

Congratulations, Wes! :thumbsup:

HEY, CONGRATS!!!

Took some lessons way back in the early '80s in a lovely "fishbowl" Piper Tomahawk.

Wasn't able to finish, but was able to fly a AT-6 Texan last year out of RI from one of those Warbird stops.

"STICK and RUDDER", baby, with a loop and some rolls!! Absolutley amazing!!!

An envious Congrats again!!