"Love Floats Away...."

Skull Leader

The topic about "My Boyfriend's a pilot" got me thinking. I know it's been discussed before, but I can't find it. Was there an album that featured the FB2012 version of "Love Floats Away"? (for those who don't know, the FB2012 version used in the Roy Focker tribute features a march/fanfare style ending.. the regular version has a soft ending)

It's not on "Macross: The Complete"..... was it anywhere else?

Much to the bane of the fans of the complete version of that song, there has never been a release of the full 4 minute 28 some odd second TV/FB2012 version of Ai Wa Nagareru II, aka Love Drifts/Floats Away, ever. This means that the original media either got destroyed, lost or the powers that be are too lazy to even put it onto a CD. This is odd considering what a pivotal role the full song played in the original series during the attack on the bodolza fortress.

On the old forums I posted this question and godmedia, a noted Mari Iijima fan couldn't find it. Other audiophiles that I have consulted with have concurred with this opinion.

It would be nice if someone with the proper software would make an mp3 rip off of the audio track of a FB2012 DVD and put it up on a webpage, I'd definitely share it on Kazaa or where ever. I seriously doubt there would be any legal recourse from Big West.

It's my favorite song from the series. :(

Yeah, I just ran Disc 3 through.... the one version on there is very similar, but it isn't teh whole song (for those who have seen the video, everything from the point where Roy dies isn't in the track... my favorite part!)

Lol, I could make an mp3 of my VHS copy of a copy ;)

Yeah, you'll have to rip an mp3 off whatever Flashback you have. The good thing is there's no overdubs from the TV show or movie to spoil it.

Odd, I've always prefered the flashback version of Love Drifts Away ("Floats" is an equally acceptable translation, but I like "drifts" better), I guess who ever picks the tracks for the BMG cd's doesn't think so though. :unsure:

Yeah, you'll have to rip an mp3 off whatever Flashback you have. The good thing is there's no overdubs from the TV show or movie to spoil it.

Odd, I've always prefered the flashback version of Love Drifts Away ("Floats" is an equally acceptable translation, but I like "drifts" better), I guess who ever picks the tracks for the BMG cd's doesn't think so though.  :unsure:

I have an MP3 rip of it I made a few months back,from my DVD.I can send it thru yahoo, or AIM, if you p.m me.I would put it up, but I don't know how.If I can send it to someone who can,I will, be more then happy to do so, for you all who want it. :)

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

Odd, I've always prefered the flashback version of Love Drifts Away ("Floats" is an equally acceptable translation, but I like "drifts" better), I guess who ever picks the tracks for the BMG cd's doesn't think so though.  :unsure:

I have an MP3 rip of it I made a few months back,from my DVD.I can send it thru yahoo, or AIM, if you p.m me.I would put it up, but I don't know how.If I can send it to someone who can,I will, be more then happy to do so, for you all who want it. :)

Yay! I'd like that song, too, that's another rare track found. I've just posted in the other topic about the lost Acoustic version of Totsugeki Love Heart. It's great that everyone can help each other out.. Thanks!

Yay! I'd like that song, too, that's another rare track found. I've just posted in the other topic about the lost Acoustic version of Totsugeki Love Heart. It's great that everyone can help each other out.. Thanks!

Just p.m me with your AIM, or yahoo handle and I'll send it to you! I sent it to majortom already, and he said it was pretty good rip.

It might be on one of my Macross albums (see attached photo). Unfortunately, my record player is packed away and I can't read the Japanese song titles. :(

*drools at J A Dare's collection* :lol:

Unless I am mistaken, all of those albums (plus one I dont' see there) are compliled completely on "Macross: The Complete". The "Miss DJ" Album may not be on there though.

I'd love to get that MP3, unfortunately I don't use AIM or Yahoo..... just MSN. :(

It might be on one of my Macross albums (see attached photo). Unfortunately, my record player is packed away and I can't read the Japanese song titles. :(

:looks over at record player: let me play em for ya ;)

nice collection you got there

Unless I am mistaken, all of those albums (plus one I dont' see there) are compliled completely on "Macross: The Complete". The "Miss DJ" Album may not be on there though.

I'd love to get that MP3, unfortunately I don't use AIM or Yahoo..... just MSN. :(

Majortom said he was putting it on Kazzaa.....Damn......If theres someone I can send it to, that can host it, like Valkyrie did. I'll be more then happy to do that.

.Damn......If theres someone I can send it to, that can host it, like Valkyrie did. I'll be more then happy to do that.

Which mp3 are we talking about? I can put it up if no one else does. My bandwidth just sits around for the most part anyway :D Send me a PM or something.

Edited by dna

Thats beautiful man! :p Brings a tear to my eyes

With help and hosting from dna, and talking me through how to upload correctly step by step to a ftp server, godzilla. And thanks to majortom for putting it up on kazza also (very many thanks to all of you!). I bring you my dvd mp3 rip of "Love Floats/Drifts Away" Flashback 2012 version. :)

"Love Floats/Drifts Away" Flashback 2012 Version MP3

Download and enjoy. And thank to everyone who helped me get this out for all of Macross World. :)

With help and hosting from dna, and talking me through how to upload correctly step by step to a ftp server, godzilla. And thanks to majortom for putting it up on kazza also (very many thanks to all of you!). I bring you my dvd mp3 rip of "Love Floats/Drifts Away" Flashback 2012 version. :)

Download and enjoy. And thank to everyone who helped me get this out for all of Macross World. :)

Thank you for that mp3.

With help and hosting from dna, and  talking me through how to upload correctly step by step to a ftp server, godzilla. And thanks to majortom for putting it up on kazza also (very many thanks to all of you!). I bring you my dvd mp3 rip of "Love Floats/Drifts Away" Flashback 2012 version. :)

Thank you for that mp3.

No prob! :):lol: