Religious Talk

Thank you Shawn, Graham, and Moderators of MacrossWorld.com and its forums for allowing me to have an avatar and a signature that reflect my faith, and for allowing me to at least defend my faith when it has come under attack.

You all know that I have never proselytized, evangelized, or otherwised attempted to force my views on anyone here, and that will always be the case. I don't want to come here to make converts, I want to learn about what's happening with Macross.

I'm sorry that so many on this board can't handle religion in any form, as if the mere mention of if were an offense to them. For this reason, I stay away from sparking any kind of talk on any topic of a religious manner. Unfortunately, others see fit to start discussions about spiritual matters, and quite often do so without the knowledge that some of us have very strong faith concerning the very things they are discussing. I believe that for that reason, any discussion of faith-based matters should automatically be locked on this website.

I must admit, for the record, that such topics have generally been few and far between. This has been good. However, each time that such discussions do arise, they seem to, inevitably, end up badly. Often this makes for an inappropriate use of this websites resources when we could all be enjoying much lighter discussion on any number of other topics.

I would like to ask that any religious topics of any form be immediately locked by the moderators as quickly as possible so as to avoid any issues in the future.

People all believe what they want, and they believe in varying degrees. It is not right for the firm believer, nor for the casual believer, to allow any discussion that may lead to someone saying something that challenges what they believe, particularly when so many are unwilling to simply hear another person's viewpoint but feel that they must attack any viewpoint that does not agree with their own.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Way ahead of you...

#1. No religious or political debates.

If you want to talk politics go to the proper outside forum. Not everyone shares your beliefs. Nothing starts more arguments then these kinds of debates. They have value but they have no value here.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=142

Already against policy. Did you find a thread that violated this policy? If so, please report it to the mods.

The reasoning behind political and religious debate/topics are frowned upon on this board is that people feel so strongly about these topics and in fact base their way of life around them. These beliefs often clash with others' beliefs and things can degenerate into a flame war quite easily.