Macross DYRL Question

GianS

Hey

I have the whole Robotech DVD collection but I am really interested to get Macross aswell.

I know there is Macross: DYRL. Is this the one that Robotech came from? Also is this a movie or a series?

IS this available on Video or DVD with Ebglish Subtitles at least. Specially looking for the DVD version.

Thanks,

Gian

Its a Movie that summarizes the entire Macross SDF-1 TV series, but with minor changes.

Robotech never spawned from DYRL since that was in production before DYRL was released.

It is pure Macross. The original DVD comprises of original Japanese only audio track with Japanese and English subtitles. It is a region 2 dvd (japan only) so I hope you have a modified, all region stand alone dvd player or dvd drive on your pc. It cost roughly 9800 YEN = 110 USD or so but can be found online for a tad cheaper.

Do a search and you can find some links on where to buy it.

Its a Movie that summarizes the entire Macross SDF-1 TV series, but with minor changes.

I really wouldn't call them minor changes, since the events are quite diffrent from the series, they happen at diffrent times with diffrent characters, and it spawed the whole which-version-is-cannon debate. Anyway I'll let you see it for yourself instead of giving it away.

It is pure Macross. The original DVD comprises of original Japanese only audio track with Japanese and English subtitles.

Correction: the original DVD has no subtitles.