Question regarding mechanics of VF transformation

Lotus-6

This question seemed slightly beyond the n00bness of the n00b question thread, so I decided to make my own thread for this question.

The question is, how exactly does it work? Does anybody have detailed transformation step by step pictures, or some sort of informative video or information that details exactly what's going on? Or do you know well enough that you can explain it to me in words? I want to know because

A) I'm curious

B) I want to make a transforming fighter in legoCAD :D

Thanks!

Actually, it has been extensively covered in the pinned n00b thread. Even pics of the leg hinge system.

Oh god - I've already read 3 pages or so of the licensing debate.. and then I couldn't take anymore  :lol:

Ok,..no need to read any further,...just go outside, close the door behind you,...

and go back in!

I love the revolving doors in this place. Once you go in, you can never leave!!!!!!!!!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Oh god - I've already read 3 pages or so of the licensing debate.. and then I couldn't take anymore  :lol:

Ok,..no need to read any further,...just go outside, close the door behind you,...

and go back in!

I love the revolving doors in this place. Once you go in, you can never leave!!!!!!!!!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

I'm already aware of the legal debate... so I therefore have not entered the abbis, for the fear I could never escape it... I have enough on my plate to not have it effect my sleep or enter my dreams ;)

i totally simpathize with not wanting to read the n00b thread, but these are serious n00b questions.

what you CAN do in the noob thread is post the question, even if it was posted like 2 months ago and 20 pages back, usually someone will answer your question.

as for how the valk transforms, go buy a 1/55 bootleg, aside from the swingbars on the hips, they transform more or less identically to the on screen version.

i totally simpathize with not wanting to read the n00b thread, but these are serious n00b questions.

what you CAN do in the noob thread is post the question, even if it was posted like 2 months ago and 20 pages back, usually someone will answer your question.

as for how the valk transforms, go buy a 1/55 bootleg, aside from the swingbars on the hips, they transform more or less identically to the on screen version.

sounds like a question for Super Nanashi! who's turn is it to tend to the Signal light??

Try: http://www.zebiprod.com/ you'll have to dig around for it, but he (she?) has an AVI showing the transformation. If you watch it closely you can see how the transformation works... or better yet get ahold of a copy of Macross Zero (episode 1 if I recall), it shows a crystal clear transformation.

Just remember that the VF-0's leg transformation isn't the same as the VF-1's.

And re: using a 1/55 to model the transformation--not only are the legs different from how it "really" works, but the cockpit shield is also different. (I.e., it doesn't get attached by Mr. Hands.)