Southern Cross fan sites

Southcross

I have been looking for good Southern Cross fansites. For a number of years (I have no idea how many) I have been looking for good ones based upon the actual japanese storyline. All I have ever really been able to find are "Robotech" and DVD stores advertising the Southern Cross DVDs and their "reviews".

Does anyone know of any interestingly-good sites (in English, I hope ;) )?

Thanks for the link... I was about to say "I DON'T WANT ROBOTECH!" when I first saw the URL ;) They have quite a bit of information, I'm surprised :)

Its too bad Super Dimensional Cavalry Southern Cross is fading into obscurity... it needs more attention. Its a classic for pete's sake (ever wonder about that saying... who is Pete?)

How is SC fading into Obscurity!?!?! It just got released a few months back on DVD!!?!? Come on there are far more Giant robot shows fading into obscurity. I mean I have nothing against SC but at least it made it to R1 DVD's. Poor shows like Zanbot 3, Daikengo, Laynazer will probobly never get a DVD release here, and TONS of other giant robot shows probobly haven't even been had 1 episode seen even from mecha heads like myself and destroidsrage and other MW memebrs.

How is SC fading into Obscurity!?!?! It just got released a few months back on DVD!!?!? Come on there are far more Giant robot shows fading into obscurity. I mean I have nothing against SC but at least it made it to R1 DVD's. Poor shows like Zanbot 3, Daikengo, Laynazer will probobly never get a DVD release here, and TONS of other giant robot shows probobly haven't even been had 1 episode seen even from mecha heads like myself and destroidsrage and other MW memebrs.

bob joe mac please save me the flame...

IMO (of course when am I NOT speaking my opinion, look at my sig) the only reason Southern Cross was released into the US was due to its relationship to Robotech. While it is a bad thing that there are tons of old Anime that will never get into the US. I'm more interested in Southern Cross because... well... look at my name. Years before the offical RT.com there were quite a few fan sites for the Southern Cross, but years later (four computers later, all going poof with all their bookmarks) and "forgetting" where I found those links... I have done a number of searches for sites and like I said... all I find are Robotech sites and "DVD Stores"

Years before the offical RT.com there were quite a few fan sites for the Southern Cross, but years later (four computers later, all going poof with all their bookmarks) and "forgetting" where I found those links... I have done a number of searches for sites and like I said... all I find are Robotech sites and "DVD Stores"

cough that up to the explodeing popularity of the internet...not only in the number of people online, but also in the cost of bandwidth to maintain a graphicly intenseive website...

I know it's frustraiting, but if you do wade through the results of a web search for a particular anime like Southern Cross, you will find that there are still many fan sites out there...take a little time and read up on how to best perform web searches with Google, Yahoo, whatever and you can search more efficently.

Also take the time to surf...If you find a fan web site for a largely ignored anime, then take a look through the web site they link to...interesting stuff pops up all the time this way...I got my little Cruse Chaser blassty avatar this way...and Cruise Chaser Blassty is even MORE obscure here in the states then Southern Cross is.

Years before the offical RT.com there were quite a few fan sites for the Southern Cross, but years later (four computers later, all going poof with all their bookmarks) and "forgetting" where I found those links... I have done a number of searches for sites and like I said... all I find are Robotech sites and "DVD Stores"

cough that up to the explodeing popularity of the internet...not only in the number of people online, but also in the cost of bandwidth to maintain a graphicly intenseive website...

I know it's frustraiting, but if you do wade through the results of a web search for a particular anime like Southern Cross, you will find that there are still many fan sites out there...take a little time and read up on how to best perform web searches with Google, Yahoo, whatever and you can search more efficently.

Also take the time to surf...If you find a fan web site for a largely ignored anime, then take a look through the web site they link to...interesting stuff pops up all the time this way...I got my little Cruse Chaser blassty avatar this way...and Cruise Chaser Blassty is even MORE obscure here in the states then Southern Cross is.

Actually I have spent many a hour on Goofle (lol woops Google)... and tying to find links through other Anime sites.. most of which were dead ends or brought me back to Robotech. I might have very well come across the website Temucano gave me the link to, but because it has "Robotech" plastered into the URL I probably ignored it as a RT crap-site. Please don't automatically assume I didn't bother trying. I figure that this would be a good place to ask.

I am in no way saying that Southern Cross is more obscure than any other anime... I probably should of worded this line:

Its too bad Super Dimensional Cavalry Southern Cross is fading into obscurity

more like "I'm afraid Super Dimensional Cavalry Southern Cross is fading into obscurity"

Edited by Southcross

SouthCross how did I flame you :huh: I even stated that I have nothing against SC and in no way even insulted anything... All I said is at least SC got SOME recognition while numerous other shows have recieved little or none.

SC is dieing just like Dunbine is. Both got releases but both never really picked up on popularity. Dunbine will always be known as that show where Tomino killed EVERYONE and SC will always be known to the masses as part 2 of RT.

Actually Cyc myself and two other of my friends were making a site called Robots and cheese that basically was going to be about mad old skool robot shows like Daimos, Voltes V, etc. but we kinda stopped working on it when christmas came around and we didn't talk/see each other for quite a bit of time. But this topic reminded me of it and so I'll probobly get my friends together and get it back going.

SouthCross how did I flame you :huh: I even stated that I have nothing against SC and in no way even insulted anything... All I said is at least SC got SOME recognition while numerous other shows have recieved little or none.

SC is dieing just like Dunbine is. Both got releases but both never really picked up on popularity. Dunbine will always be known as that show where Tomino killed EVERYONE and SC will always be known to the masses as part 2 of RT.

Sorry, thats probably more a misunderstanding on my part... I do fee (even with the DVDs and the disillusion of being a part of RT) that it doesn't get the attention that it deserves (not to say any other obscure anime is any less deserving).

though, with all the "?!?!?!"s and going on to tell me about all these other Animes that were obscure and we most likely will never get to see... sorry sounded like a flame

I agree a bit about Southern Cross popping up then subbing again, based soley on the fact that Best Buy has ceased carrying the DVD's already... ($75... I gotta look online as I do NOT want to pay Suncoast $100).

Maybe, just maybe this is because no one bought them.

The whole "Southern Cross being unpopular" thing isn't a conspiracy, it's true.

Not to ruffle anyone's feathers or anything. Oh, and on a more constructive note: I don't have any idea where else to find good websites dealing with this series (not that I've ever looked).

I have a couple other Southern Cross booksmarks.

http://southern-cross.ath.cx/index.html I think this is rather Robotech oriented and rather RPG oriented, so I would take anything it says with a grain of salt unless documented or corroborated by other sources. But I think I saved the link because it has some info on some of the more obscure mecha from the series.

https://www.nsacom.net:1952/txt/Website_Mir...thernCross.html

I think this is a mirror of another site which no longer exists. I think it's pretty good.

Edit: BTW, I always liked the Southern Cross portion of Robotech better than Next Generation. But I'm not planning on getting the DVD's unless/until I can get them at a reasonable price (I'd say $40 tops) and the glitches documented over at the animeondvd forums are fixed. (Look here for info.)

Edited by ewilen