Brown

Boxer

I think I've discovered the universal color for 'Kill me!'

Brown seems to be the red-shirts of anime. Ever notice that The Orguss MPs, VF-1As (Cannon fodder), Mu mass production robots (Orguss) and leos from Gundam Wing are all painted brown? And I think it's the same shade too...

Any comments/Discussion?

Edited by Boxer

the leos in Wing were either green or purple, not brown. but if you expand your theory to include green, then i think you've got something. the cannon fodder types always seem to have more traditional military color schemes, ie greens and browns, where-as the heros tend to use bright primary colors and a lot of white.

That reminds me of a joke.

Picture an old Sailing Ship. The guy in the Crow's Nest yells to the Captain "2 Pirate ships of the port bow". Upon hearing this, the Captain turns to his first mate and says "Bring me my Red Shirt". The First Mate looks at him curiously and askd him why he want's his red shirt. The Captain replys "So that when I bleed, the crew will not see my blood and be discouraged". At that point, the guy in the Crow's Nest say "I see 5 more Pirate ships". The Captain then says "Bring me my Brown Pants".

Anyway, my theory is that the grunts are wearing Red Undershirts (or Bras for the unfortunate Female Pilots).

Ok, why the tan brown? Usually standard military colors are darker. That is because it is the art of camoflage. I never understood why the bright colors. To me it mean "shoot it" But the main character fly them and they dont get shot down. Ok, the tan brown would be for desert colors, but why that brown in Macross for the CF?

It's the 2nd Law of Fiction at work

2nd Law of Fiction: A main character is allowed to do things that could get any other man a Court Marshall, or killed.

Good guys have white and primary colours (yellow, red and blue).

Baddies have black and secondary colours (green, purple and orange).

It would be amazing to see if robots were to be built in real world how they would be affected by years and years of merchandising children aimed.

FV

Stormtroopers must be good then?

Good guys have white and primary colours (yellow, red and blue).

:huh:

Well if we were to follow that phillosophy, then Regults must be our freinds. So would Ishkicks.

I was wondering if the olive/brown was restricted to only one studeo but I don't know if this includes wing. I think someone might have been making a statement when they made Zakus green (Not cannon fodder) Or something.

leo-ms.jpg

Am I color blind? this looks more like a tan/brown than green to me...

Well if we were to follow that phillosophy, then Regults must be our freinds. So would Ishkicks.

It's a general rule and as every rule it does have its exceptions. It works better for shows more aimed to children.

Something on the line "mechas with wings are more powerful than mechas without wings" and "white wins against red" (white and red are Japanese for chess white and black).

Btw, in DYRL regults were green, IIRC.

FV

It would be amazing to see if robots were to be built in real world how they would be affected by years and years of merchandising children aimed.

i hope you're not implying that if for some ungodly reason, the military decided to make big robotic weapons, that they would start by looking at cartoon shows for ideas? thats not what you're saying is it?

please say its not.

i hope you're not implying that if for some ungodly reason, the military decided to make big robotic weapons, that they would start by looking at cartoon shows for ideas? thats not what you're saying is it?

What other reasons could exist that would justify building giants robots other than having seeing animes at youth age? :D

(btw, Macross Zero has some nice ideas ;) )

FV

Btw, anyone else noticed how difficult is to actually see in animes a robot directly killing people without robots, like in Macross Zero 3?

I watched Char's Counterattack and it was the same: they came close to killing a harmless person, but couldn't pass the line. That's why in a typical mecha anime all the evil bosses have their robots, otherwise they can't be killed by the hero :D

FV

i hope you're not implying that if for some ungodly reason, the military decided to make big robotic weapons, that they would start by looking at cartoon shows for ideas?  thats not what you're saying is it?

What other reasons could exist that would justify building giants robots other than having seeing animes at youth age? :D

FV

i can just see a bunch of generals sitting around at the drawing board saying stuff like "it need big bright horns to depict rank, i saw it in gundam"

i hope you're not implying that if for some ungodly reason, the military decided to make big robotic weapons, that they would start by looking at cartoon shows for ideas?  thats not what you're saying is it?

FV

i can just see a bunch of generals sitting around at the drawing board saying stuff like "it need big bright horns to depict rank, i saw it in gundam"